DEY Panfilovec V1a

I just reposted this scenario at the Scenario Depot with updated briefings, this I hope would help the player understand more of whats going on in this battle, I did do a couple of very minor changes to the map also.

It is a huge battle on a fairly small map, I don't think you could say there are very many dull moments in this scrap.

It was designed as a human Axis playing against a computer controlled Allied player, though I think it could be very playable in a two player contest, it's just that the Allied player wouldn't have much to do, through the first half of the battle anyway.

Here is a screenie of most of the map.

deypanif9lp.th.jpg

I must say it's doing very badly in the download context, is it really that bad.

Larry Thorne playtested this for me at the provings grounds and seemed to enjoy it very much, though he did seem to understand what was going on, right off the mark.

This battle is great!

It is a morale rollercoaster...you get beat down and then punch back, meter by meter I am quite certain the result will be open to the very last nail biting turns. Highly recommend this scenario if you like lots of action, packed in 3 phases during the fight. Also great to playt with units not always very common in this kinda situation. Good stuff!

LT

Well I don't believe it there was a download of this battle, the first in months.

Thats fine at least I won't have to bother with all the BS of tweaking and polishing a scenario to post somewhere anymore.

Anyway I've been getting an urge to go back to myth and dungeon keeper2, etc.

One things for sure I'm never posting another CM game battle.

Still not had a chance to play this one yet "DEY-No Goulash For Ivan-V3".

I did play another one though also set in winter, forget the name of it but it has the Germans assaulting some town in winter time. I didn't care for that one as much as the Hungarian ones. I don't like winter scenarios as much I guess. The white kinda hurts my eyes.

I have noticed a trend with your scenarios though. You like to give continuous reinforcments throughout the scenario. Perhaps change your design a bit though. People will see it's a DEY scenario and start to anticpate a steady stream of reinforcements.

I appreciate your comments guys, I may reconsider posting scenarios.

I see some scenarios seem to have fair downloads but I've hardly ever heard or seen anything about them from the community, so I took that as them not being all that well recieved.

I've been wanting at first to try and refine my existing scenarios, by trying to fix a few minor things, especially the briefings, they are a little on the vague side.

I hope that king has arrived plays out well for ya Peregrine.

Frankly Vixen I find I see things on map better with snow on ground and I also find that armor looks better in most cases, the brightened up of the artwork shows the detail better.