Rockets - totally usless or the second most powerfull unit?

Yeah JJ I could have used those minors early. Its not easy for the axis fighting an immediate 2 front war. With Arby stomping back in the Russian steppes and without HQ support I had to invade them, couldn't wait for them to join. The rockets provide a nice surprise but their immobility is a deterent, they cost 49 MPP to operate at lvl 5. And by the way my wimpering axis ass is not parked in Berlin, its in Rome, the place is more nostalgic, besides its closer to the water. Oooh! The Americans? I've got a nice soft couch waiting and the movie projector is loaded, soon the popcorn will be ready, they won't be a problem.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SeaMonkey

You've convinced me to alter the scenario by adding Hungary, Rumania to the Axis and Bulgaria to the Allies at the start of play. From my own experiences I'm sure you're right, they need those MPPs. I'll have to raise US War entry to 60% in compensation. Hopefully this won't tilt the balance too far toward the Axis.

I've also made a change in Scandinavia, having Bergen a Red city garrisoned by a Soviet Corps -- making the Swedish / Norwegian Bolshevik dilemma more acute and giving the Axis an added distraction.

German corps have been pushed astride the Maginot line and an added German rocket unit created, all three behind the Siegfried units. In the WW I tratdition, the Old Prussian Guard opted between the wars for a method of directly assailing the French fortifications; rockets were the answer.

I'm sending copies to both you and Arby and, as always, am very interested in your combined feedback.

If these changes seem the solution, I'll send this revised scenario to Otto , replacing the one presently posted.

[ June 25, 2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]