The YT "Camicie Nere" Unit Mods are done!

Hello all!

FINALLY I have completed my unit mods, the "previews" of which a couple of people have been kind enough to host on their websites. I have just e-mailed them to Otto Torriero who has a tremendous site at

http://www.ww2n.com/schq/

Please check that out if you have not already - Otto has done an excellent job of it and will no doubt have my mod files up fairly soon.

A quick note - if you use the mods please also use the "strength_sprites" file that I have also included so that the numerical strength values of the units best show up given that I have changed and played around with some of the colors of the original units.

Coming soon (at least when I have time, which is never :( ), a guide to the unit mods with descriptions of each type of unit or vehicle, notes, credits, and the like.

Thank you to everyone for the kind words, input, suggestions (especially with respect to finding experimental and proposed jet designs.)

And thanks most of all to the great HC for creating such a wonderful game!

-YT "Camicie Nere"

Just got my first game in with the mod, looks great. (Even though the only tech I got was level 1 jets despite spending about 2k on it :( ) I hope you release the other (non-surrendering) French mod soon. While I agree that WWII wasn't exactly their "moment in the sun" I think it's a bit much. Other than that I love it though. :cool:

Top class, makes an excellent game even more enjoyable. I did try one of the mods with the proper military designations, but found I was inadvertantly moving the Air Units to places they were better not to be!

Regards, and like everyone else, eagerly waiting with my creditcard poised to swoop!

A future version of my mod series will indeed take out the "surrendering French." Of all things, I tend toward being a FrancoPHILE and in fact am an enormous fan of the Revolutionary/Napoleonic era, during which the French armies ran roughshod over the whole of Europe.

I suppose the "surrendering" French are just what could be classified as "military historian" humour. God, how dorky does that sound?

Some other planned changes:

From what I understand, the Gold demo will kick in the jets at level 4 instead of 3, so that means I will have to modify all of the aircraft. 'Tis a good thing, actually, in that filling THREE slots for jet fighters and bombers for all nations was a bit of a challenge. Without that, I would have had the mods done weeks earlier. Plus, I can now put some excellent units into the game that I could not fit into the three prop aircraft slots. (i.e. P-47, FW Ta.152, Hawker Tempest, and others.)

I will actually be glad to take out the top level jets - something about the use of 1950's jet aircraft in WWII did not sit well with me.