Future of ww2 games - lets make the stand

Kuniworth

Hi guys, great to be back.

So the years go by. We see some new games coming but we never get this total grognard ww2 game covering the whole world. Sure there are many great games outthere covering europe most of the time but I want the whole war and no company at all endorse such a game. We got pacific war fans, war in russia fans, third reich fans, strategic command fans, Hearts of iron fans, clash of steel fans and so on. Lets come together once and for all. And lets do it NOW.

Therefore as a ww2 consumer, Im now taking this step to once and for all get a great game all of us want. So my proposal is this;

All of us interested will do a name-collection and then send it to the gaming-compaines demanding the ultimate ww2 experience. In return we promise to buy the game and work for a strong community supporting it. I know that this may seem crazy but Im ready to go as far as I can to get this. The strategy-war gamers deserves it and I´m confident that there are thousands and thousands all over the world ready to support this idea. Thus making the game a great business-idea.

I want a game based on the Wir model which still is the best up to date. However many games got good ideas which could be implemented so I say this is the communities simple terms;

-The game should cover the whole world war 1936-1947

-Turnbased game like war in russia, one week-turns and hexbased.

- Unit-model used in War in russia. Corps with divisions in it.

- Availibility to play USA, Italy, Germany, France, UK, Sovietunion, Japan.

-Production like in War in russia. But a very good research-model should be used.

-User friendly interface.

- Great looking graphics to ensure the game attracts new strategy gamers. Realistic map, like the outstanding map proposed by 2by3 games to their eastfront game.

- Simple but deep and realistic diplomacy level. See world in flames politics model or Hearts of Iron.

- Great AI. Chance for multiplayer and email-games. Maybe an AI that lurns your tactics like the 2by3 eastfront game.

This is our terms. What do you think of this? Please reply to this thread. And if you are ready to work with me write to

kuniworth@hotmail.com

Lets make this happen. We can do it.

/ Andreas, Sweden

Kuniworth, except for the world-wide scope, you've just described World War II - Europe (WWII-E). Read this interview with Ron Dockal, developer of Schwerpunkt games. A patch for Russo-German War v1.6 was just released, Anglo-German War is still in development, and ultimately WWII-E is planned to link the two games.

Requesting such a game is one thing; finding time and energy to actually play it is another. Better methinks to suggest a new monastic order where grognards can devote their life and soul to playing such games. tongue.gif

All of us interested will do a name-collection and then send it to the gaming-compaines demanding the ultimate ww2 experience. In return we promise to buy the game and work for a strong community supporting it.
Personally, I decided long ago to support SC devlopment and help make this the ultimate WWII grand-strategy gaming experience. Well, maybe not "ultimate" but let's say most playable and enjoyable. Once SC2 resolves most of the grand-strategy issues, some future version with an operational-level focus using the SC game engine would be neat.

:cool:

Somehow I didn't notice this forum when it first appeared. A worthy premise.

How do we go about gathering all the WW II computer gaming buffs?

Before I started frequenting this site it seemed there was very little interest in strategic level games, everything I saw was shoot'em up stuff.

[ December 02, 2002, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]