THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : February 2003

zappsweden

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terif beats Rambo 3-times.

Game #1 I played Axis, carriers. I got sick of pounded with no possible defense of the carriers, sent a late SeaLion, just to watch the carriers slam 4-armies on the ground with 3-HQ's.

Game #2 As Allies I went pyscho with the Double Gambit & got bad luck with off turn Italy DOW; needed one-more-turn to pull it off. Might as well try it, because I can't beat the carriers.

Game #3 I was doing fine pre-Russia before the Carriers wiped out 3-Level-12 jets in my home German cities w/ HQ's & experience.

Waste of time to play when 3-carriers can defeat anything I put in the air as Germany in Spring 1941. My Jets have 2-stars, HQ's have 3-stars & my units get butchered. Until somebody can counter the carriers, Terif will be champ. Hell, 3-carriers can stop everything the Germany can muster.

Maybe I should try building German Carriers, obviously building Jets doesn't help.

[ March 01, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo: In our last games when I played Allies I used exactly the same strategy and hoped you would´nt do the same mistakes again but you did.

First you allow me to train my carriers without disturbing them. You leave a unit in most of your french citys, so that I can choose which one to attack and your airfleets are somewhere else ( in the last game they even didnt attack something they were only hidden somewhere -for a while at least).

And second you move some airfleets in range of all my carriers and airfleets around London when it is obviously too late. In the last game where you are complaining about your 3 killed airfleets in your citys: you just moved them there (mid 1941 !! short before Russia enters war...), so no entrenchment. I had jets Lv4 and long range Lv3 ( with 5 chits each, so this is not only for luck...). You dont need to wonder that I killed your 3 airfleet with 3 airfleets of my own - trained in France - and 3 very experienced carriers at full strength. You really had enough time to build up your forces and to do something usefull with them (e.g. conquer some additional neutrals or use them in Russia), cause I barely attacked you and prefered to spend my mpp in tech and airfleets. If you do the same mistake every game (allow me to train my carriers and to build up tech + additional airfleets and after this, move some airfleets in range, so that I can kill them one after the other ) then I cant help you...

[ March 02, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Terif --- Obviously I don't understand "Entrenching Airfleets". I thought that crap was taken care of in Patch 1.06. So that means leave Jets in Capitals so they can entrench x6.

I actually mispoke in my first message. I had Jet-Level-13 also. The first intercept my Level-13 (full strength), jet w/ experience, in my own home German city (of coures no sandbags) backed by HQ gets hammered down to "Strength 2" on an intercept by a carrier not even in a port? That's crap. Why? Because your carriers gained experience pounding on Ireland? My Jets had seen duty all over the board & had 2-Stars!!!

What the hell (heaven) good is "Entrenching an airfleet"? That helps you in the sky? Obviously you've played tested it with the 400/hours (10-work weeks of playtime).

I thought that was taken care of in patch 1.06. Leaving airunits in rivers was too?

Just to clear things out about 1.06 patch. The air vs air interception should be fixed but, LOOKOUT because the carrier vs air are NOT fixed.

A carrier can use a port as defence and air can use city as defence when they intercept each other. If only mr T (erif) would have posted that weeks ago, since he is the most frequent player with the most experience.

I, myself, would and will post (on the forum) anything that I consider a flaw or bug right away. I would not take this game so serious that I would like to win by knowing well hidden and obvious malfunctions in the game. But, hey that is just me smile.gif