A qustion in regards to Finnish Pride...

It's OK to have operational movement for units more than 5 hexes from a city, but not OK for limited supply or reinforcements?
Not sure what you mean here, operational movement is dependant on current supply (>= 5 for land units and >= 3 for air units) and not necessarily distance since HQ's can provide supply as well.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CVM:

In case you havent noticed, there are only 2 sides to this war, Axis and Allies! There are Axis Majors and Axis Minors, Allied Majors and Allied Minors. Certainly we should all be satisfied with Finland as a Minor country.

When you get your editor you are free to change Finland to a Major if you like (I assume).

:rolleyes:

CVM:

In case you havent noticed, there are only 2 sides to this war, Axis and Allies! There are Axis Majors and Axis Minors, Allied Majors and Allied Minors. Certainly we should all be satisfied with Finland as a Minor country.

When you get your editor you are free to change Finland to a Major if you like (I assume).

Originally posted by watchdog:

CVM:

...When you get your editor you are free to change Finland to a Major if you like (I assume).

Pooch,

Sorry, that can't be done. However, Finland can be made an Allied Minor...

[ June 30, 2002, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

Originally posted by watchdog:

CVM:

...When you get your editor you are free to change Finland to a Major if you like (I assume).

Pooch,

Sorry, that can't be done. However, Finland can be made an Allied Minor...

[ June 30, 2002, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

You all fail to realize, i am in no way out to make finland a major power, all im trying to do is make the point that this conflict cannot be forgotten. The makers of SC have a unique opputunity here to create the best ww2 startegy game of all time. In many respects, they already have, i will still buy the game whether or not this is included. However the makers will have failed to capitalize on an oppurtunity to truly make a 'classic' wargame.

PS. cant wait to use that editor~! :D

You all fail to realize, i am in no way out to make finland a major power, all im trying to do is make the point that this conflict cannot be forgotten. The makers of SC have a unique opputunity here to create the best ww2 startegy game of all time. In many respects, they already have, i will still buy the game whether or not this is included. However the makers will have failed to capitalize on an oppurtunity to truly make a 'classic' wargame.

PS. cant wait to use that editor~! :D

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

You all fail to realize, i am in no way out to make finland a major power, all im trying to do is make the point that this conflict cannot be forgotten. The makers of SC have a unique opputunity here to create the best ww2 startegy game of all time. In many respects, they already have, i will still buy the game whether or not this is included. However the makers will have failed to capitalize on an oppurtunity to truly make a 'classic' wargame

I seriously doubt the addition of the Winter War is going to make or break this game. Is anyone else tired of hearing about the Finns yet? :rolleyes: Seriously though, without absolutely barely trained incompetant leadership and logistics, the Soviets would have more than likely done quite a bit better in the Winter war than they did. The only thing that would really be interesting about the Winter War being included would be the possibility of the Allies actually declaring war on the Soviets and going to Finland's rescue as they almost did, but since this can't be done with the current engine, that's out.

You all fail to realize, i am in no way out to make finland a major power, all im trying to do is make the point that this conflict cannot be forgotten. The makers of SC have a unique opputunity here to create the best ww2 startegy game of all time. In many respects, they already have, i will still buy the game whether or not this is included. However the makers will have failed to capitalize on an oppurtunity to truly make a 'classic' wargame

I seriously doubt the addition of the Winter War is going to make or break this game. Is anyone else tired of hearing about the Finns yet? :rolleyes: Seriously though, without absolutely barely trained incompetant leadership and logistics, the Soviets would have more than likely done quite a bit better in the Winter war than they did. The only thing that would really be interesting about the Winter War being included would be the possibility of the Allies actually declaring war on the Soviets and going to Finland's rescue as they almost did, but since this can't be done with the current engine, that's out.

A hasty retreat? :eek: Well i can see that ive been outmanuevered here. I'd like you all to know im sure as hell no Finn, i hail from missouri and have no finnish heritage, in fact in that respect im a brit. I just feel that this conflict has been neglected too long. I know that a change will not happen for sc (maybe sc2????) but anyway ill shall not back down. I shall not flag nor fail, I shall go on to the end. I will fight them in the forums, i shall fight them in the chatrooms, i shall never surrender. (Had to do that) Alas, guess i have to get my programing book out......

[ June 30, 2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Carl Von Mannerheim ]

A hasty retreat? :eek: Well i can see that ive been outmanuevered here. I'd like you all to know im sure as hell no Finn, i hail from missouri and have no finnish heritage, in fact in that respect im a brit. I just feel that this conflict has been neglected too long. I know that a change will not happen for sc (maybe sc2????) but anyway ill shall not back down. I shall not flag nor fail, I shall go on to the end. I will fight them in the forums, i shall fight them in the chatrooms, i shall never surrender. (Had to do that) Alas, guess i have to get my programing book out......

[ June 30, 2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Carl Von Mannerheim ]

ive been outmanuevered here
Take a chill pill already. tongue.gif

Most of us fully recognize the current limitations with the game. What really needs to happen with some future version is to make Italy and Russia active neutrals from the start. That would then permit diplomacy or skirmishes for the Finnish border hexes, Bessrabia, etc. Even permit Russia to attack Turkey if they want. With FOW, playing Italy and Russia prior to being at war with the majors would be really interesting. Build and deploy your forces, perform research, conduct minor campaigns, etc. But it ain't gonna happen this week.

ive been outmanuevered here
Take a chill pill already. tongue.gif

Most of us fully recognize the current limitations with the game. What really needs to happen with some future version is to make Italy and Russia active neutrals from the start. That would then permit diplomacy or skirmishes for the Finnish border hexes, Bessrabia, etc. Even permit Russia to attack Turkey if they want. With FOW, playing Italy and Russia prior to being at war with the majors would be really interesting. Build and deploy your forces, perform research, conduct minor campaigns, etc. But it ain't gonna happen this week.

Whts wrong with being a little poetic with my posts? :D

Keep in mind that with text based communications people cant really tell, its best to just say what you mean.

emoticons don't help as it is not uncommon for people to put them after an insult to pretend that it isn't an insult.

Whts wrong with being a little poetic with my posts? :D

Keep in mind that with text based communications people cant really tell, its best to just say what you mean.

emoticons don't help as it is not uncommon for people to put them after an insult to pretend that it isn't an insult.