Very chilling indeed - a must read.

Rouge

I was flicking through some old records in a millitary libary when i came accross one of hitlers last transmissions from berlin it reads:-

"With the defeat of the Reich there will remain in the world only two great powers capable of confronting each other - the United States and Soveit Russia. The laws of both history and geography will compel these two powers to a trial of strength, either millitary of in the feilds of economics or ideology. And it is equally certain that both these powers will sooner or later find it desireable to seek support of the sole surviving great nation in Europe, the German people."- Adolf Hitler 2nd April,1945

He was right to.

[ November 03, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Rouge ]

I was flicking through some old records in a millitary libary when i came accross one of hitlers last transmissions from berlin it reads:-

"With the defeat of the Reich there will remain in the world only two great powers capable of confronting each other - the United States and Soveit Russia. The laws of both history and geography will compel these two powers to a trial of strength, either millitary of in the feilds of economics or ideology. And it is equally certain that both these powers will sooner or later find it desireable to seek support of the sole surviving great nation in Europe, the German people."- Adolf Hitler 2nd April,1945

He was right to.

[ November 03, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Rouge ]

Originally posted by Bullwinkle:

Speaking of predictions, Karl Marx himself predicted that Germany would take on the world in 3 world wars. They would lose the first two and win the third.

Yikes!

That is interesting. Do you remember where you read this? Do you know any URL's on the net that deal with this topic?

~Norse~

Originally posted by Bullwinkle:

Speaking of predictions, Karl Marx himself predicted that Germany would take on the world in 3 world wars. They would lose the first two and win the third.

Yikes!

That is interesting. Do you remember where you read this? Do you know any URL's on the net that deal with this topic?

~Norse~

• 2 weeks later...

Agree on the scene from Cabaret. - have never forgotten it.

Chilling - yet - extremely compelling - like it or not.

You will remember how the cynical older folks in the crowd including WWI vets, who knew for sure the real price of "glory", ended up singing as loud as anyone near the end.

Worse, I now find it difficult to ge that song out of my head.

Agree on the scene from Cabaret. - have never forgotten it.

Chilling - yet - extremely compelling - like it or not.

You will remember how the cynical older folks in the crowd including WWI vets, who knew for sure the real price of "glory", ended up singing as loud as anyone near the end.

Worse, I now find it difficult to ge that song out of my head.

Exactly -- your thoughts on it are the same as mine -- haunting music, haunting scene -- the forgotten chess game, the man scratching his head -- the robust adults who suddenly join in and the ballad becoming a military march. One of the most perfect scenes ever filmed and the subject never dies.

[ November 20, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Exactly -- your thoughts on it are the same as mine -- haunting music, haunting scene -- the forgotten chess game, the man scratching his head -- the robust adults who suddenly join in and the ballad becoming a military march. One of the most perfect scenes ever filmed and the subject never dies.

[ November 20, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]