Give me Hope

Panzerdude,

Strategic Command was apparently written with a development environment called ISE Eiffel, which currently only supports Windows, Linux and Unix. However, since Mac OS X IS Unix, I'm hopeful that they might put out a Unix/Linux version, which could then be ported fairly easily to Mac OS X. Thoughts from anyone else?

Ag

I'd be very curious to know what the success will be of using the Windows emulator for Mac's with Strategic Command once the demo is released. I am very hopefull as I've only used generic windows libraries to develop the game and avoided any specialty code. There are obvious benefits to doing this within the Windows environment so I don't have to worry about what video card you are using etc., and I am also hoping that this will be a translatable advantage to the Mac Windows emulator world as well. smile.gif

If and when anyone has any luck please feel free to post that info here.

Thanks,

Hubert

I don't know about "pressure" -- all that we Mac users can do is offer our wallets. So I'm ready...

Projects like Strategic Command are a labor of love, but they also have to make money. What would be the cost of converting it to OS X, and then how many units would have to be sold for it to break even?