About partisans in Yugoslavia

Uros

Let me first say that I am verry happy to see the partisans simulated in this game smile.gif

I wonder if Yugoslav partisans appear when the Axis take over Yugoslavia or when they attack the USSR ?

To make things 100% historically they ( YU partisans ) should be formed once the USSR is attacked , because only then the Comminterna asked the commies all over the world to help the big and only communist state .

Yugoslav partisans were in fact lead by different politician group until the communist took full power in 1943 .

So seeing Yugoslav partisans in action ( speaking of SC ) before the atatck on the USSR is plain wrong , as Germany and USSR were "friends" at that time and communsts were not "interested" in harming the USSR "friends" smile.gif

[ July 14, 2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Uros ]

"The Chetniks were the big ones up until they decided to squabble with the communists."

This is something that some people in the West still believe smile.gif

Chetniks and Germans fought against the partisans , but it took the Allies until 1943 to realize that .

The Chetniks were kings supportes in the whole Yugoslavia ( not only in Serbia, but their main force was from Serbi as the king was serbian ) , Ustashi and Hrvatski domobrani ( Croatian home guard )were the army of the Independant Croatian state and there were also the Muslim SS troops too . Those groups all fought against the partisans and among themselvs too smile.gif

And Chetniks were NEVER partisans ( you know .. Partisans -----> anti fashist guerilla lead by the communist party and chetniks -----> kings supporters )

[ July 14, 2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Uros ]

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

Uros here in "the West" the term "Partizan" means an irregular fighter against a regular army.

So from our point of view the Royalist forces that fought against the Germans were also partizans.

Isnt that called the guerilla forces ?

I mean .. in France the partisans were just one of the fractions inside the anti-fashist fighters .

The chetniks fought against the Germans only a short period of war until they and are nowadays not considered as a anti-fashist force during the World War 2 . This was ( and still is ) a myth made by the Yugoslav goverment in the exile . In fact they just waited for an Allied landing in the Balkan ( the British variant ) to size the power . They also realized thet the partisans led by the communist are more dangerous than the Germans who will eventually loose the war against the Allies . So the chetniks were "brothers in arms" with the Germans against the partisans , but they "rooted" for the Allies smile.gif

The Balkan problems are not from yesterday you know :D

Larn more about them here

http://www.inet.hr/steelpanthers/ww2/chetniks/index.htm

( Serbian chetniks )

and here

http://www.srpska-mreza.com/library/facts/ww2.html

( Yugoslavia during the world war 2 , Serbian point of view )

WARNING

Do NOT watch the photo gallery !

Info about the Slovenian Axis forces :

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/5814/introduction1.html

[ July 15, 2002, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Uros ]

Originally posted by SS_Obergruppenführer:

Well, if you want it 100% correct, you should include the Slovene Home Guard (domobranci) too, but that would mean way too much micromanagment so I suggest leaving everything as it is.

Zivjo Uros, iz kje si? :D

Kranj :D

Ti ?

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

No deal since I can translate it for free ;) But just to keep the thread interesting...

Mi lahko naredimo to slovensko zaroto ker so moji starsi is Celje!

Hubert

That was a suprise smile.gif

Are there any chances for a Slovenian version of the game to :D ?

Will you ship the game to your parents land too ?

Hubert , lepo da se nisi pozabil slovenscine :D

[ July 17, 2002, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: Uros ]

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

No deal since I can translate it for free ;) But just to keep the thread interesting...

Mi lahko naredimo to slovensko zaroto ker so moji starsi is Celje!

Hubert

:D:D:D If you have any spare time, release a Slovene add-on that translates the game. ;)

Yahtzee....hehehe :D

That was a suprise smile.gif

Are there any chances for a Slovenian version of the game to :D ?

Sorry not at the moment unfortunatly :(

Will you ship the game to your parents land too ?
Yup, as far as I know, the game will be shipped to all european countries, asia, australia and beyond :D

Hubert , lepo da se nisi pozabil slovenscine :D

Hvala! Although to be honest I had a little help with the previous post, I never actually learned to properly read or write, but I can get by pretty well in conversations. Surprisingly though (for me) I have understood everything written here so far smile.gif

And before everyone thinks there is some Slovenian conspiracy at work here, we are all just familiarizing ourselves with our roots and hometowns, so not to worry SuperTed ;)

Hubert

Originally posted by Uros:

SS_Obergruppenführer : To bi lahko midva prevedla :D

Actually this would not be a bad idea as a mod, if the two of you were interested. FYI there is an italian mod that I have in the works right now that another gamer Fabio Cavalieri has given to me that will be included in an SC mod page once the game is officially released.

If you have the time and are intersted, contact me via email and we can take it from there.

Hubert

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

an irregular fighter against a regular army.

Yes, but who was a regular army 1942 in Yugoslavija?

You mean Germans and Italians? Yes, they were regular armys on wrong territory.

Lep pozdrav Urosu, SS_Obergruppenführer-u, Hubertu C. in seveda Porajklu.

Super Ted, now you are in real troubles. ;)

[ July 18, 2002, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Ales Dvorak ]

Uros; sem že poslal mail Hubertu in je rekel da bi se vse skupaj dalo, da bo pa bolj težko pomagal. Ampak s skupnimi močmi ni vrag. :D Aja, kasneje mi pošlje sample dela italijanskega moda tko da bom videl. Fino bi bilo če bi mela midva to narejeno do prihoda igre?