Strategic Command irc channel

Exel

Let's add a new dimension to this community - IRC. Real time discussions and intense debates both on and off topic, setting up mp games, adoring Battlefront and Fury Soft, good comradeship and a heck of a lot of fun! So, without any further blaahblaahs, I shall announce Strategic Command's very own irc channel, where everyone is wellcome.

Join #stratcom in QuakeNet!

For those of you who don't know about irc, go find out about it at http://www.mirc.com and download the most revolutionary communications software ever invented since email and join the rest of us. :D

I am interested, but I will say that cautiously.

I have seen MIRC in action, and usually it is people exchanging 5 word messages as if it was meaningful conversation.

I can't speak for most, but when I put in a post, it is a clearly stated and hopefully meaningful comment.

Chatting with people only contributing micro messages would be deadly dull or just plain boring.

But I have the MIRC program, and I will at least check it out.

Well it wont be much with just a couple of guys, but the whole point is to get lot if people involved. Of course, I can't promise that it'd be 100% serious meaningful conversation, but usually interesting subjects do arise from the chatter occasionally. ;)

Just downloaded 614, and hmm 30 day trial then I have to pay for it.

Pass

I use plenty of chat programs that are free.

I don't need a service that isn't free thaaaat bad.

Anyone wants to chat with me just has to ask. I use Yahoo as primary, and with Trilian I can simultaneously link to ICQ AOL and MSN.

Trillian also links to MIRC, but the others are free. It counts.