Hints for new/intermediate players and basic knowledge SC

Terif

Iron Ranger:

Thanks for the tip. Im working in Europe for an extended period, and have SC on my laptop, but'I have to use other computers to get online. I'm eagerly awaiting my return home to be able to get my rear end kicked a few times in two player games. The AI is fine, especially when SC is about all I have to keep me occupied, but it's obviously got a way to go to become General Staff material. This forum has really helped me understand the game, and has made it even more enjoyable. Thanks again.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Macon just a thought <ahttp://community.battlefront.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> on the pdf file! get your files all ready and then go to PDF CREATOR and spend a second creating an account. then you can create and save up to 4 files (i guess as large as you want).

i had to create some and didn;t have money for adobe acrobat writer. it worked well.

Bill Macon just a thought <ahttp://community.battlefront.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> on the pdf file! get your files all ready and then go to PDF CREATOR and spend a second creating an account. then you can create and save up to 4 files (i guess as large as you want).

i had to create some and didn;t have money for adobe acrobat writer. it worked well.

Nice job glad u shared this info. I had to find it all out the hard way Lol.

I'd recommend anyone wanting to challenge terif's game print this out and keep it handy, He's one tough SOB. Some day i'll get a win against him. Before i die. Well maybe. :D

Nice job glad u shared this info. I had to find it all out the hard way Lol.

I'd recommend anyone wanting to challenge terif's game print this out and keep it handy, He's one tough SOB. Some day i'll get a win against him. Before i die. Well maybe. :D

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent Terif.

On Defending France. Runnug is the best that I have played against in defending France. He throws everything he has into the battle and watches the Itialian readiness well. He will bring his ships and carriers into the fight as well as a few corps of Brits. What is best for breaking through a tough French defense, air fleets or another HQ? I dont beleive you said, do you disband the French air to build more Corps or keep it?

How about joining the PBEM league? Nice slow pace. No one will force you to play a game. You only have to play one game in six months to be in the league. Come on.......... :D

Excellent Terif.

On Defending France. Runnug is the best that I have played against in defending France. He throws everything he has into the battle and watches the Itialian readiness well. He will bring his ships and carriers into the fight as well as a few corps of Brits. What is best for breaking through a tough French defense, air fleets or another HQ? I dont beleive you said, do you disband the French air to build more Corps or keep it?

How about joining the PBEM league? Nice slow pace. No one will force you to play a game. You only have to play one game in six months to be in the league. Come on.......... :D

Hi Curry,

In my first 150 games or so I also fighted for France and crushed Germany many times there. But as you know I prefer the longer games, so in the last 200 games (TCP + PBEM)I changed to other strategies. Usually I dont fight for France, cause this too often is a short war. Its more fun to go the whole way smile.gif .

I only used it in my later games sometimes against the Top players if I wanted a quick victory (e.g. against Rambo after he got the top spot the first time.. 2 hours later he lost the next game as Germany in France .. :D ). Therefore you never saw me using it against you.

But if you want to see a full french defence, we can play a game smile.gif .

To break through a french defence:

- If Allies do the LC gambit, then you need air instead of a third Hq. With 2 Hqs you can still command 10 units, so make sure they support the right ones (your attacking/defending units ;) ).

If you think Allies are too strong around LC, then go south and attack through Italy. With the LC gambit they join, so you can use the way through the south without UK air/carriers against you.

- Without LC gambit, you have a wider front and can use more land units. Therefore a third Hq is better than air. If Allies defend with everything they have, then be careful with your units, so that they dont get exposed and destroyed. Use your air wise, dont forget to reinforce and only attack to destroy an enemy unit or to force UK carriers to intercept ;) .

This way it takes a bit longer to conquer Paris but you will get it. Usually you will loose your first dozen games against a good opponent with a full french defence until you have learned how to break it, this is simply a matter of experience smile.gif .

About the french airfleet:

If you want the french HQ in turn 1, then you have to disband the AF. Together with the 2 battleships and starting mpp this gives 180 + 120 + 115 = 415 mpp. The Hq costs 395-410 mpp. If I dont fight for France and only want to delay the fall (+save mpps), then I keep the AF. After France surrendered, I disband the free french airfleet, so UK receives the 200mpp. Without tech the FF AF is useless in combat and costs only a lot of mpp to reinforce, therefore its better to disband it and use the 200 mpp for something better.

Concerning the PBEM League:

I am ready to play fun games from time to time - especially against opponents I didnt play so often in the past ;) - , perhaps I will join your league in the future, but at the moment I play too seldomly.

If someone wants a game, just e-mail me or have a look at ICQ...

[ October 13, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Hi Curry,

In my first 150 games or so I also fighted for France and crushed Germany many times there. But as you know I prefer the longer games, so in the last 200 games (TCP + PBEM)I changed to other strategies. Usually I dont fight for France, cause this too often is a short war. Its more fun to go the whole way smile.gif .

I only used it in my later games sometimes against the Top players if I wanted a quick victory (e.g. against Rambo after he got the top spot the first time.. 2 hours later he lost the next game as Germany in France .. :D ). Therefore you never saw me using it against you.

But if you want to see a full french defence, we can play a game smile.gif .

To break through a french defence:

- If Allies do the LC gambit, then you need air instead of a third Hq. With 2 Hqs you can still command 10 units, so make sure they support the right ones (your attacking/defending units ;) ).

If you think Allies are too strong around LC, then go south and attack through Italy. With the LC gambit they join, so you can use the way through the south without UK air/carriers against you.

- Without LC gambit, you have a wider front and can use more land units. Therefore a third Hq is better than air. If Allies defend with everything they have, then be careful with your units, so that they dont get exposed and destroyed. Use your air wise, dont forget to reinforce and only attack to destroy an enemy unit or to force UK carriers to intercept ;) .

This way it takes a bit longer to conquer Paris but you will get it. Usually you will loose your first dozen games against a good opponent with a full french defence until you have learned how to break it, this is simply a matter of experience smile.gif .

About the french airfleet:

If you want the french HQ in turn 1, then you have to disband the AF. Together with the 2 battleships and starting mpp this gives 180 + 120 + 115 = 415 mpp. The Hq costs 395-410 mpp. If I dont fight for France and only want to delay the fall (+save mpps), then I keep the AF. After France surrendered, I disband the free french airfleet, so UK receives the 200mpp. Without tech the FF AF is useless in combat and costs only a lot of mpp to reinforce, therefore its better to disband it and use the 200 mpp for something better.

Concerning the PBEM League:

I am ready to play fun games from time to time - especially against opponents I didnt play so often in the past ;) - , perhaps I will join your league in the future, but at the moment I play too seldomly.

If someone wants a game, just e-mail me or have a look at ICQ...

[ October 13, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]