Ad for SC Demo over at SimHQ

Wolfe

Saw one there for Airborne Assault, refreshed the page a bunch of times without getting anything for SC. Did your hungry eye deceive you? Or perhaps it was a premature release of the ad? Anyway, I hope you're right regardless.

Saw one there for Airborne Assault, refreshed the page a bunch of times without getting anything for SC. Did your hungry eye deceive you? Or perhaps it was a premature release of the ad? Anyway, I hope you're right regardless.

Originally posted by HolzemFrumFloppen:

Okay, okay... I'm there.

Where did you see the SC ad? Inquiring minds wanna know! smile.gif

It's there, but it only pops up very intermittently. Click on any page and either: keep hitting Refresh for that page; or click on another page and flip back and forth between the two (this method is faster; only the ads need to reload). Hopefully it'll come up within a reasonable amount of time; it seems rather random which ad is chosen, however, so it may take quite a bit of refreshes.

The ad links to Battlefront's main page. And considering the demo isn't yet available, Shep may be right. It may have been premature.

BTW, the ad says:

STRATEGIC COMMAND

ONLY FROM BATTLEFRONT.COM!

CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF WW2!

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO NOW!

That's a suspicious amount of exclamation points for one ad. I suspect it may be the nefarious work of a bald, Mad bouncer! ;)

- Chris

[ May 16, 2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

Originally posted by HolzemFrumFloppen:

Okay, okay... I'm there.

Where did you see the SC ad? Inquiring minds wanna know! smile.gif

It's there, but it only pops up very intermittently. Click on any page and either: keep hitting Refresh for that page; or click on another page and flip back and forth between the two (this method is faster; only the ads need to reload). Hopefully it'll come up within a reasonable amount of time; it seems rather random which ad is chosen, however, so it may take quite a bit of refreshes.

The ad links to Battlefront's main page. And considering the demo isn't yet available, Shep may be right. It may have been premature.

BTW, the ad says:

STRATEGIC COMMAND

ONLY FROM BATTLEFRONT.COM!

CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF WW2!

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO NOW!

That's a suspicious amount of exclamation points for one ad. I suspect it may be the nefarious work of a bald, Mad bouncer! ;)

- Chris

[ May 16, 2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]