Victory conditons for germany ???

Titan

With the Grand campaign how does Germany win?

Just Survive until may 45 or do they need to conquer the Brits,Russia? and US maybe

And in case neither side completes the destruction of the other is it a draw? or is the victor and vanquished measured another way?

Guest Panzer Boxb

Two words: Total Annihilation

Just for fun I obliterated everyone but the U.S. and when 46 rolled around I received the notice that "everyone goes to the peace table" or some such statment and the game was over. Reloaded a few turns back and blasted D.C. Game over.

It would be very nice to eventually have some sort of interim victory conditions based on resources controlled, forces in play, research levels attained, etc. The historical start conditions for each scenario could be the benchmark for those dates and game performance compared to those conditions. Everything could be normalized to an MPP value and win/lose based on a +/- 10%. Anything else would be a draw. This would be useful for playing shorter scenarios such as 41-43 if that's what two players want. Right now, there's no objective standard for determining success or failure except for that "End-of-War" condition out there somewhere. At least provide some measure for an interim victory - like a status screen that appears when you reach a scenario start date and permits you to end the game at that point or continue playing. Consider it an annual performance appraisal if nothing else. ;)

• 1 month later...

I think that SC is the only Strategic WWII wargame that requires conquest of the US for an Axis victory. In my experience this does not really add to the game, except to make you play a little while longer until you see your score.

I suggest implementing the more traditional victory conditions of 3 out of the 4 Allied powers surrendering. In most games that would be France, Britain and Russia. You might add a condition that says the game is not over if the US controls a city in Europe.

If the Axis went West, it could be France, Britain, and US - at which point, with no Allies, the Russians would negotiate some kind of truce though not a surrender. Conquest of Russia, Britain and US would force a French Armistice (what? it could happen! :D ).

This could be an option on the setup screen, but I know I would always play with it on.

I think that SC is the only Strategic WWII wargame that requires conquest of the US for an Axis victory. In my experience this does not really add to the game, except to make you play a little while longer until you see your score.
Actually you are no longer required to defeat the US for an Axis victory, I believe interim vicory conditions were introduce in patch v1.02 or was it v1.03? I can't remember. But I think the option to have the US sue for peace is a viable one, let's say after the European Theater part has been concluded with at least the UK, USSR and French surrender. How about the US sues for peace, if you accept game is over with your victory, or you can reject and invade anyways.

I like Bill's idea for more specific victory conditions based on the current game stats etc., something to definitly think about as well. smile.gif

Hubert