Invading Sweden before Norway.

I do it sometimes. It's not an error as long as you either take Stockholm in turn one when your troops land, or land a HQ to supply your troops while you conduct a campaign which might take several turns.

Use the Kriegsmarine and carriers if you have any. You can also send more troops to land on the shores of Sweden in turn 2,3 or even later, should it take that long.

I don't think that I've ever seen an invasion of Sweden fail.

The only difference is that sometimes when the Axis attack Norway the allies aren't prepared, and their corps isn't ready to land at Bergen on the following turn. Rest assured that by attacking Sweden first the allies will get Bergen when you attack Norway, unless you can scare them off with the Kriegsmarine, which is possible but unlikely.

And if the two landings fail? You will get sweden eventually, but uk will get a lot of mpps until u finally seize sweden. Nah, better go the norwegian way, you got some AFs to pound oslo should the landings fail to kill the defender ...

And if uk get bergen, so what? Nice target practice for your AFs ... gotta be optimistic ... to see the good part of bergen falling into uk's hands ;)

• 2 weeks later...