House Rule: Axis Air units cannot attack the Port at Malta

jon_j_rambo

Malta is an absolute joke. Make it interesting, Axis (Luftwaffen) cannot attack Malta's Port.

FYI: I resigned from World League, I posted wins against everybody who I had games (think I forgot Liam), even though the games were up in the air, or in my favor smile.gif I'm swamped this month with multiple things & my competitive spirit won't allow me to stay away from the game, while I have business to conduct. I may play some charity events. Games are talking 8-hours & I don't have the time, thus don't want the temptation of WL.

What? You talk me into joining for our game (I guess I don't have to now) and then you quit? Thats cool, thats a main reason I'm not joining, no time as games take (good ones) 20-30 hours. I think we played 12 hours straight on Sat, 3pm to 3am, and the game was still at a draw. I would say tilted to allies as Russia was on the attack but you still had enough power to turn the corner and the MMPs were almost equal.

A great game with many turning points, thanks for giving my HRs a try. The port distance rule and quicker USSR entry elimits alot of the BS moves but leaves open many 'what if' options.

The server 'ate' at least one of my posts because DH kept hitting his Add Reply button.

Only thing of importance was a Thankyou to DH for helping me join the PL and the merits to it victory conditions (but I think they will create long hopless games and could destoy alot of the joy in playing, hmmm good or bad not sure).

From where you know that i hit add reply over and over again :confused:

So your posts were refusing mine to appear..but at least i destroyed one of yours. :D

The only thing you would have to arrange with your PL opponents is to play without time limit. This ensures that a game which is really hopeless will be surrendered and not be fought to the last unit. Another good thing is to play both sides with an equal bid because with no bid you will loose also ag less experienced players with the allies.

Another thing i noticed is that all battlefront guys are just playing me in the PL.

Note that there are also other former Zappleagueplayers like Oliva,Dalmatia Partisan,Lucky Zebra,Zapp,Rambo,Noxxe and also some other players which have a mixed flag (english/german) and TCIP in their profile would be happy to play every player.

[ January 26, 2004, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Dragonheart ]

DragonHeart --- Yes, I'm wishy-washy in my league behavior. This game is bad as a crack addict. Our game I have/had 80% of winning, I agree, I think the Axis won't get France for a long time, like Jan. 1941, if at all. Obviously, I play by the rules, quiting, regardless of situation results in a loss. I've got a ton of stuff to do. Plus for my job, I live on a computer, I need to force myself into a break.

IronRanger --- Our game is 55%/45% in your favor with the Russians getting mobilized. It's late 1943 & we played for 12-hours straight, incredible! Lets finish when we finish. Yes, I got you into the league, then dump out myself, it's a strange addiction. I'm moving to a new place this month, work, etc...so if I'm not in a League, I won't be playing. Need a little cold turkey for awhile. With the power of the RACK carriers, this game will take another 12-hours.

ZappSweden --- I had to quit our game too, needed to go into work late Sunday. Our game was screwy too, with the big tech momentum swings. Total luck game. With AT+5 for Germany, Jet advantage for Allies (but temporary)...whatever, gotta cut back on the amount I play SC.

I'm moving at the end of Febuary to a new place. I'll be getting rid of my lame dial-up...hey, I'll get my new computer then, & then I can move into some new games!

Thanks guys,

Legend.

Do you guys understand what the rule is for? It's stupid for the Allies to put infantry in Malta. Italian sub will raid the dollars from Malta anyways, & Italian shorebombardment will provide easy experience. Air units are worthless too, forced intercepts by HQ'ed Luftwaffen will drain UK air fleet (MMPs).

Don't you think it's equally kind of stupid though Rambo that the RAF sits off London killing whole corps in Paris and Antwerp? I mean you're kinda comparing apples and oranges. Plus the fact that Carriers don't take damage from ground units. It works both ways and the 5 MPP port of Malta is hardly a comparison

What I think we (as a group) would like to see (patch 1.08 - right :rolleyes: ) is Fortress hexs giving a bonus +1 ND. These locasions had huge gun enplacements that were close to undistructable with 1940s pinpoint range control.

Yes Malta is a joke compared to its historical background, but so are many other issuses. 1000 Mile fights, F4 jets in 1942, seaborn invasions anywhere you wish, ect......

For a first time try its a great game at a good value but it can be improved on and I guess that the idea behind SC2. Kind of surprising to me, as I thought it would have a differnt theam (Napolinaic Wars?) but WW2 sells and making money is the name of the game.

Rambo, you are a great character to have in the SC community and certainly one of the best players. I also enjoy reading your posts and thoughts. Hope you stay in SC and just take a break from it.

Best to you

ps - I never understood why anyone puts an army or corps in Malta as allies. If they do I always just use it to build up my Itatian navy experience.