No longer playing at Expert+0

willgamer

I must either improve rapidly or my sig must be changed! :rolleyes:

background: my interest is semi-historical scenarios; I could regularly take Moscow in the demo at Expert+0; current game is '39 scenario following historical route of Poland, Denmark, Norway, Low Countries, France, then skipped Yugo to attack Russia in late '40.

It's now early '42 and I haven't even taken Minsk or Kursk. I've attained L5 industrial tech but Russia's L2 infantry and L1 armor are eating my guy's lunch! :eek: This is at Intermediate (+50%) level.

The USA just joined the Allied team so I'm guessing it's all over....

Was the full version supposed to be that much harder?

Ego Killer: Hope I can pull out a V replaying at Beginner. :cool:

I'm playing the Allies at Intermediate and while there are occasions where the AI does something that I think is wrong, I'm impressed with it on the whole. While I have stopped the German drive well short of Moscow, I am having trouble launching my own counter-offensive, the germans are keeping constant pressure on me. I get the feeling the Axis are approaching the breaking point though. It's all coming down to me burying them under MPPs.

Looks much harder for the Axis then the Demo IMO. Mid `42 and there a 3 warship + 4 Transport ship US Invasion Fleet in Southern France ?!!

Game over Adolf...... :confused:

PS: Good luck invading England.

PPS: What happened to the BEF ???

[ August 03, 2002, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Old&Slow ]

Originally posted by Old&Slow:

Looks much harder for the Axis then the Demo IMO.

That sounds good. In my opinion the game in the demo was heavily biased in favor of the Axis (starting from that point with 2 equal players and assuming the game kept going, I think the Axis would win a vast majority of the time).

Willgamer, in the next game try to put off fighting the USSR until mid 1941. The invasion will start with the Axis having a much larger army compared to the USSR, whose 1941 setup is only slightly stronger than the 1940 one. In my opinion the 1941 setup is actually inferior to the 1940 setup overall, as most of the Soviet forces begin right on the German border, making them more easily destroyed or surrounded.

I've played a couple of games into 1942 as both axis and allies and find it very challenging on normal settings. It's not a "historically accurate" game as we've all come to realize, but it plays well and is enjoyable. Alas, I'm about to take off for a week and won't be playing SC. But I'm glad it arrived early I got a chance to play a couple games. Thank you Hubert and Battlefront! smile.gif

Originally posted by Ancient One:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Old&Slow:

That sounds good. In my opinion the game in the demo was heavily biased in favor of the Axis (starting from that point with 2 equal players and assuming the game kept going, I think the Axis would win a vast majority of the time).

SNIP</font>

This is getting ridiculous!!!

I restarted at beginner to try Ancient One's suggestion.

Except this time I only got as far as attacking France when Russia declared war! That's right, Russia came into it just 2 turns after Italy on 9/15/40 :eek: .

All I can see is that I didn't leave any garrison in Poland... did that provoke the Red Bear :confused:

Bearly still playing at any level.......

Originally posted by Straha:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ancient One:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Old&Slow:

SNIP</font>