Cheat programs have ruined competitive SC

jon_j_rambo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm if Boninza was to stalk me that would actually be dangerous for him eh smile.gif

You see he might actually find himself alone with me, now that ain't good now ya know eh.

I have had them shrinks try a few to many pills on me trying to fix my head eh.

You would be surprised what's in here, I am occasionally surprised myself.

Actually I think there is someone else in here.

And it's not even a guy, sheesh.

Do you have any idea how confusing that can be at the wrong moments?

Well anyways, Boninza, you might want to try Rambo, he's safer probably hehe smile.gif

Ain't got no Agent Orange to blame for stuff, but I have been exposed to some pretty freaky chemicals in my time.

"Read it from the beginning ..."

Okay,

" ... Created the Heaven and the Earth, the stars and the Oceans and the Land and the Beasts and the Fish in the Seas and the Birds in the sky, etc & etc, and then HE created Man, etc & etc ... let's see, removed a rib and created Woman, named them Adam and Eve ... etc & etc.

rembrandt_adam_eve_185x243.jpg

"... Told them don't worry, be happy but don't eat any apples from that tree over there."

" 'Over where?', asked the woman.

'Over there', said the man to the woman, then averting his eyes, 'Sorry Lord, she's a liitle nearsighted in her perfection.'

python70.jpg

"Hey girlie, put down that caviar and champagne and come eat one of these apples. ... Aw, don't you get it, HE was only joking, HE loves to joke around! ... That's it, now go give one to your friend over there. ... Sure I got a name, my special friends, like you, call me Satan! That's it, Tutts, bring the apple over to your boyfriend and tell him to put down that boring fillet mignon and bite into a real treat!"

apple%20tree.jpg

"So don't let anything stand in the way of a good tasty apple, not even Heaven Itself!"

That's it, went back and read it from the beginning, did I miss something? What has this got to do with retired Canuck sergeants gone mad from exposure to U. S. manufactured chemicals?

[ December 04, 2003, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Maybe he just needs some posts to add to his count, might have a small weenie issue or something eh smile.gif

Hey question for the pros and it's even topic related eh...

Does reading a lot of history text books qualify as cheating?

Is reading something like a good book on alternative historical outcomes qualify as unfair advantage?

Just wondering eh. I just realised, I might be a rampant cheater and not aware of it.

Boy would that have me sitting here with egg on my face smile.gif

Life isn't fair, of course. ;)

I don't know why boninza would want to pad his post count, he's already got 187, more than enough for any sensible person.

Meanwhile, this bizarre thread continues slithering along, visiting the strangest places on it's way to hmmmmm, way to where, eh?

Pinky%20with%20the%20python.jpg

[ December 04, 2003, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Time of agonie is coming....JJ does that he can best...writing ....posting nice pictures but what are doing all others till the outcome of SC 2?

Ok Les is doing some poetic and Boninza giving some german lessions in nice words , Rambo is still complaining that ppl cheated ag him although he never lost a game ag them :D ; zapp is playing Railroad Tycoon 3 now, Kuni is now moderator of his own fanpage, Iron Ranger still is trying to get his ICQ working, Comrade Trap is monitoring the donwloadstatistic of the SC trainer, most german ppl left this forum for the Panzerliga except one gay errrr guy :D:D , some others are still trying to built the ultimate fair solution for Fall Weiss....

I could state alot more things.....but remember on my topic "Is the SC community dying?" Ok not the community is dying but the gameplaying itsself.....i wish you a lot of fun till SC2 ;)

Hm i´m one of the guys left for the Panzerliga, although i´m member there since 3 years...so left for... isn´t correct.

One can play competitive SC there since 2mth. There are already 20 acitve players there but i think there are even more as only players which already finsihed one game are shown in the league.

As 2/3 of the games in the PL are via PBEM there will be a lot of ongoing games.

But i have good news for you ..the "panzerliga" will soon provide it´s site also in english....so there is no problem for ppl speaking other languages than german. If you wanna have more info... Iron just ICQ me :D ...arghh just forgot you have problems with it... hehe....but your email works.

I don´t say goodbye but on the other hand there is hardly a reason to stay. I need the kick of competitive SC which i can´t have here anymore.

Dragon

The competition will return so keep dropping by.

I'd hate to post somewhere in anything other than English and obviously you're more comfortable posting in German, but you're also a part of this place and of the SC HQ when it gets ressurrected, so goodbye isn't the word.

Instead I'll say we'll look forward to your next visit, and we all hope they'll be plenty of them.

In deference to the high esteem I hold you in I will refrain from puting either a smiley or a picture in this posting.

[ December 04, 2003, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Which doesn't mean I shouldn't post one here!

Pictured below is my great-distant-ancestor JeseyWallPainterJohn

Lacking any artistic skills himself, he's the one holding the torch and saying things like,

"Yeah, that's it, one of them buffalo things ... very nice, now remember that deer Orkadoo stuck the other day, how about you put him in that spot over there only don't make him too big because we've still got Rumphead's wild boar and we still have to put in the flying saucer thing boninza told us about over dinner, you know how he gets when we ignore him...

"Onkgut, we're running out of space, why don't you go find another blank wall so we can do Meathead's mammoth while the kid's on a roll! If there's any room left over Les wants us to include that new stuff he created, he calls it brew. Now how in hell are we going to paint it without people thinking it's rhino piss?"

Ohhh! Did I wander off-topic? My apologies... :D

cave_paint.jpg

[ December 04, 2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Iron just ICQ me ...arghh just forgot you have problems with it... hehe....but your email works.
LMFA - ROTF - LOL

I don´t say goodbye but on the other hand there is hardly a reason to stay.
You said a mouthfull, in any language. One new (and rarely on subject, thats not a bad thing) post per day. Little to no IP (CT, CC, Bon, O2003 and I are about the only posters, just on a whim for the most part), your right, too bad I'm so limited on time, I could use a refresher in German and playing in the pl would be a good start. Ahhh well, back to my PBEM games, not as much fun as IP but very time convenent.

You should try my new House Rules, they create a very historical game but keep your option open and the game balanced (pro-Allies?)

DragonHeart --- Hey, I've tried the PanzerLiga website...major problem, I don't know what anybody is saying, I can guess on about 15% of the conversations. I don't get that raspy language, verbs float all over the sentences, Capital Letters are plugged wherever, etc. I'd have a better chance with Latin. Maybe you German dudes can play the French, since SC is going retail there.

Jersey --- Been reading Genesis, eh? Those snakes had to come from somewhere.

SC-2 probably won't be available until Spring 2005 at best.

Just a thought CT, but hmm, rather than invest all the fuss and bother of getting SC HQ up and running (because it could crasg again eh, and that would sure hurt real bad), why not we all just go over and sort of take over the Battlefront err SC forum on Wargamer?

It has what we need in there basically.

No one is going to throw a snit if we are opinionated grogs like me or rampant odd balls like Kuni. And we can wander off topic as wide as we like.

And the biggest perk, you won't have to worry about running it, it would be someone else's nightmare.

Dragonheart

You hate snakes! They're really great creatures, without the smaller ones the world would be overrun by rodents and without the larger ones it would be overrun by children! :D

General Rambo

I figured Genesis but with modern language.

Les

A fine idea; I've got the link among my favorites and even went there once but figured with all the posting I do here and that, at the time, I was doing at SC HQ, the last thing I needed was another bulletin board.

If this thread is any indication there isn't presently much emphasis on wandering off topic -- actually, I'm still waiting for this thread to find one!

[ December 04, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Just a thought CT, but hmm, rather than invest all the fuss and bother of getting SC HQ up and running (because it could crasg again eh, and that would sure hurt real bad), why not we all just go over and sort of take over the Battlefront err SC forum on Wargamer?

Let's not give up on HQ that soon. I'm sure Comrade is doing all he can to get it back up.Although I'm getting rather anxious, I guess I miss the moron Swede ;) .

JJ,

Don't you have any news, as a moderator there you should have some info, it's been almost two weeks now.