(Relatively new) Newbie Questions

Nero's Cat

Hi

Can anyone please explain which hexes (precisely which!) are the 'elbow' hex and the 'first blood' hex - I read about them all the time in the AARs but never know exactly which ones are referred to.

Also, I saw in a recent AAR that somebody (Rambo or DragonHeart, I think) took Warsaw nd hit Denmark in turn 1 (although admitedly Poland didn't fall) and was still able to attack LC and take it on turn 2. How is this possible? I can't even take Warsaw on turn 1 v. the AI let alone the rest of it - I have to settle for knocking out as much of the Polish army as possible unit by unit and none of this amazing 1 turn capitulation stuff.

Can anyone give me any clues?

Regards

Much of the game is lucky dice rolls (ok you don't see any dice rolling, but it happens all the same).

I can turf Poland turn one, but it takes luck, there is no specific must do to make such and such automatically happen sequence (I think).

Hitting Denmark likely only requires you give your navy practive training by shelling the city.

Hitting LC might be only so Allies can't use the LC Gambit themselves on turn two. Thus, actually getting somewhere on first attack might not be the point.

Normally a good armour infantry air supported attack will kill the LC in one move. Al you need to do is take the city after all.

There is likely a lot of fancy schmancy buying and selling happening in this whole proceedure you are curious about as well.

Rambo plays some failure high risk ploys in his game smile.gif

Sure - sounds good - let's do it - got any preference re how to set up? i've not done any bidding before so not 100% sure how that works. have previously only played x2 games v human - both against the same regular occupant of these boards who's whipped my ass twice now!

Email me on smithstacey29@aol.com if you're still interested - i'll look forward to it

regards

To be honest the term has not been encountered by me before smile.gif

My best guess is it might refer to the section of map on Belgian border. That is just a logic guess though and might not even be close.

I often find that a successful attack needs to hit LC quick and painless and then move into France via LC, otherwise it gets "messy".

Kuniworth is correct, the First Blood Hex is the first Kill Hex for the German Juggernaut IMO

A term that Rambo uses, in reference to Rambo First Blood

It can be the Hex Due South of Antwerp or another Hex South adjacent to the Ardenne.

The Elbow is useful for the Allies to transport the 100% effectiveness non-HQed units from Great Britian. If you Park a Vessel in London port it can strike from the "Should be Calais" Port Region directly Into France or the Low Countries.

Vis Versa this Hex is a dangerous location for an Allied Corps if it gets cut off, no supply and just 1 German do can do a Dunkerque cutting off that unit from escape, resupply or effectiveness. The Brits at this point can nolonger use that the Calais Hex Either... So Normally I trap a Brit Corps there and leave it at half strength until the France momentum is up and Paris is directly threatened and LC is nolonger the battleground.