SC - Game of the century - Kuniworth vs Disorder official thread with AAR

Kuniworth

June 16, 1940

West front quiet after the last turns of heavy action. Germans refit their forces, some redeployments made.

In the med, canadian force cant be destroyed because of the UK air outside Taranto. This seem to turn out to be a contest of will...

Attacks on Gibraltar abandoned. disorder cant be dislodged.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometime in summer, 1940

canadian occupying forces in southern italy have received startling news from new prisoners!

von rundstedt himself has appeared nearby, apparently "sleighting" his allies, the italians and taking command. with him is the brand new "air fleet" squadron, and also the veteran "luftflotte IV". the canadian corps is asked to go above and beyond the call of duty, and extra ammo/food is issued for an expected long seige of the city. the rcaf to the se is also reinforced.

a special leaflet is prepared and dropped on italian troops encircling the city. it is entitled "we come to join you in fighting hitlers demons". desertions to the allies are on the increase.

refitting is the order of the day elsewhere.

Summer 1940

The capitalist swines at 10 Downing street is spreading rumours about low moral in the wehrmacht and it´s allies. Of course non of this is true, the glorious german army is in brilliant shape after the successful battles in France.

All is quiet in the west. Troops are resting.

In the Med, Italians continue to block Taranto port and make any retreat impossible. Germans is moving away preparing for a siege.

In Egypt Italians capture the suez-canal.

In den Göttern nennen Sie, gehen Sie prachtvolles deutsches Soldaten....onwa. zum Sieg vorderes!!!!

[ August 15, 2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

"In den Göttern nennen Sie, gehen Sie prachtvolles deutsches Soldaten....onwa. zum Sieg vorderes!!!!"

Kunniworth

Loose Translation = "I'm a Fascist Madman -- Haamaugghhhhahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!"

Great AAR, enjoying it all and the pitctures are really well chosen.

[ August 15, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

todot2.jpg

rundstedt and panzers and fiume' OH MY!

a rather "tinny" looking von rundstedt steps forward and looks the camera in the eye...HE BEGINS TO SING AND DANCE!

When a man's an empty kettle, He should be on his mettle

And yet I'm torn apart. Just because I'm presumin'

That I could be kind of human. If I only had a heart

I'd be tender, I'd be gentle, And awful sentimental

Regarding love and art, I'd be friends with the sparrows

And the boy that shoots the arrows, If I only had a heart...

fiume moves toward bari at full speed. (as soon as ciao duillio? heads that way, we have a new ball game at the rock!

NAZI ACTIVITY ALL OVER MED. must be vacation time, or italians are training their aryan buddies during war games :D

July 28, 1940

Axis forces attacks Norway in full force, taking Oslo and forcing the surrender of this nation.

In the med, Vichy France is attacked. marseille and Algiers corps are destroyed, but none of the cities are unfortunately captured. Badly done by axis.

Italians continue to assault Bari. Canadians knocked down to 3.

FREE FRENCH AND VICHY FRENCH BACK TOGETHER LIKE OLD TIMES!

1st "mistake" by kuni so far. fails to take vichy.

vichy fleet joins with FREE FRENCH fleet and attack italians as so:

andrea doria sunk by warspite.

suffren knocks ciao duilio down to 50%

italian sub sank by jean bart BB

unknown italian BB sunk

Dunkerque scouts med. shipping lanes

a real free for all! italy still has at least two fighting watercraft, but they are locked into port at bari. a cruiser and a BB.

4th nazi army off malta. malta reinforced by RCAF from se of bari.

can. occupation force reinforced.

brest bombarded for no results.

bergen bombarded with loss of 5mpps from nazis.

August 1940

disorder is right, axis suffer alot from not taking Vichy in one turn. Italian ships tried to hide at sea but had so low war-readiness that allied killed them easy.

Anyway Vichy falls this turn, an allied BB is hit from airfleet in Sicily.

Axis tries to over-extend allied defence in Med. disorder gotta chose between defending malta or Bari this turn.

Axis backs away from Alexandria...

aug 18 1940

rcaf lands on malta and is unable to return to bari due to lack of fuel! bari informed of desperate situation. out of ammo, starving and tired, the walking wounded load (unarmed)onto red cross ship "centaur" and ask permission to leave harbor. extra lighting and signage in several languages is strung, along with the recomendations from the geneva convention. ship sits at harbor entrance awaiting permission to leave.

centaur.jpg

10th italian off alexandria. ark royal sails for safer waters.

spies near palermo report luftflotte I,IV, and a new LUFTFLOTTE ROOSEVELT appear near palermo. :D

Late august 1940

So the question everybody is asking themselves, did the Red cross ship get out of Taranto port alive?

and the answer...

spiegelsunk6.jpg

Meanwhile things are getting hot in the north. Sweden is attacked by axis air, land- and sea forces. One swedish mine captured, riyal swedish airforce annihilated.

UK ships bombards Brest and Bergen.

Reaction to the Sinking

Statements concerning the CENTAUR by men of importance.

A Cablegram from Mr Churchill:

Prime Minister of Great Britain;

My colleagues and I are greatly shocked at the sinking of the hospital ship Centaur. Please accept our deep sympathy in this tragic loss of life.

General Macarthur:

I cannot express the revulsion I feel at this unnecessary act of cruelty. Its limitless savagery represents the continuation of a calculated attempt to create a sense of trepidation through the practice of horrors designed to shock normal sensibilities.

this and the execution of your captured airmen is all a pattern. The enemy does not understand - he apparently cannot understand - that the United Kingdom's invincible strength is not so much of the body, as it is of the soul , and rises with adversity.

The Red Cross will not falter under this foul blow. Its light of mercy will but shine the brighter on our way to inevitable victory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Australian Prime Minister John Curtin: Address to Parliament

It is with the deepest regret that the Commonwealth Government has learned of the loss of the hospital ship "Centaur" and I know that the news will come also as a profound shock to the Australian people. The attack bears all the marks of wantonness and deliberation. Not only will it stir our people into a more acute realisation of the type of enemy against whom we are fighting, but I am confident also that this deed will shock the conscience of the whole civilised world and demonstrate to all who may have had any lingering doubts the unscrupulous and barbarous methods by which the Italians conduct warfare. To the next-of-kin of those who are lost the Commonwealth Government extends heartfelt sympathy, which is the deeper since those persons were non-combatants engaged on an errand of mercy , and were by all the laws of warfare immune from attack.

The full circumstances of the sinking of the "Centaur" are as follows:-

The "Centaur" was at 4 o'clock in the morning on Friday a short distance off the Italian coast. The weather was fine and clear, and the visibility was good. The ship was brightly illuminated in accordance with the Geneva Convention. Illuminations, in addition to the usual navigation lights, consisted of red crosses on each side of the hull, red crosses on each side of the funnel, a large red cross directed upwards on the poop, and rows of brilliant white lights along the sides of the hull to illuminate the characteristic green painted band - in this case five feet wide - which encircles hospital ships. On board the "Centaur" at the time were 352 persons, consisting solely of the ship's crew and medical personnel, including twelve nurses. along with over 600 unarmed, malnourished and injured Canadians from the Canadian Occupation Corps.In all there were only 64 survivors including one nurse. Remaining persons, including all Canadians, members of the ship's crew, nurses and other medical personnel, lost their lives.

Sister Ellen Savage, the only one of twelve nursing sisters on board to survive, though injured herself, gave great help to the other survivors and was awarded the George Medal for this work.

centaur-survivor.jpg

Notice of intention to use the "CENTAUR" as a hospital ship, together with particulars of her dimensions, markings, and appearance, was communicated by the Commonwealth Government to the Axis Powers early this year; In addition, full publicity including photographs of the ship was given in the Press, and particulars were broadcast in news broadcasts.

There is therefore no reason to suppose that the Italian Government was not fully acquainted with the existence and purposes of this vessel. In all the circumstances, the Commonwealth Government is bound to regard the sinking of the "Centaur" as an entirely inexcusable act undertaken in violation of a convention to which Italy is a party and of all the principles of common humanity. An immediate and strong protest in these terms is being addressed to the Italian Government, and our country may feel confident that the Government will do its utmost to establish right of redress and ensure that the war criminals responsible for this dastardly act are brought to justice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(FREELY PLAGIARIZED FROM REAL SOURCES)

in other news...

u-47 found in Norwegian waters and damaged to 10% str.

SWEDEN is in a bad way!

[ August 19, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: disorder ]

september 15, 1940

Great day for axis forces! Gunther Priens u-47 gets badly damaged by HMS Hood and BB Rodney near denmark. But the 3 axis airfleets designated to use against Sweden strikes back and sinks already damaged HMS Hood!!! The pride of the royal navy lays in the bottom of the sea!!! Sweden conquest as a result delayed 1 turns.

no21987-Hood_sinking_painting.jpg

Furthermore 3 axis air in algiers sinks ark royal in Gibraltar port. Allies have placed it´s bomber in the fortification, will be fun to see if it can resist the luftwaffe!!! Royal navy now down to 6 ships...at least 2 ships are free french.

In Alexandria UK corps continue to hold off all attacks with ease. Italians continue to send reinforcements to Egypt.

The question about the Centaur have chocked the world and axis spokesmen made the following statement concering the incident;

"the sinking of the so called "hospital-ship" ,the centaur, have been presented in allied media as an unnecessary act of violence. This is of course is just a desperate attemt to put a questionmark to the just struggle of Kuniworth the great.

We can furthermore present evidence that the canadian supreme command was present aboard the ship planningg their next war-crimes. As you can see in this picture that we discovered, it clearly shows the canadian General Walkslikealady trying to disguise in a futile attempt to sneak out of Bari to fight our forces another day under more pleasent circumstances.

disguise.80.jpg

Of course, for the sake of our children we could'nt accept this. At what beach would they land next, eating our pizza's and stealing candy from our kids? No we could'nt let them to thatm

Our intelligence also found out that the word "centaur" backwards reads "rautnec" meaning "up yours axis suckers" in an fairly known canuck dialect. thx to our brilliant intelligence we we're able to find out the truth and save our nations from beeing once again invaded by those ice-hockey playing hoodlums"

axis intelligence at work;

pantera_rosa1.jpg

Other rumours; Kuniworth is said to have executed his research-teams. The reason beeing the failure to perform expected results allthough resources been available for a very long time. Gestapo suspects that Von Braun and his colleagues were collabotuers sent by the hideous regime of disorder.

sept 29,1940

sub sank by rodney. is rodney now far enough out of range of "swedish attack force"? we will find out soon.

one thing abt. mr kuniworth...

his planes(level 1) are performing well enough! and he wants MORE MORE MORE :D oh well.

is it possible to have more sitting ducks than kuniworth can take advantage of?

russia at 53%

October 1940

Axis supreme command could´nt tell if allies where joking or just tried to be ironic about the tech-levels on german planes. Where do they get all this stuff from? Maybe reveiling a secret here...

German airforce is still at level 0 :mad:

axis research is a total fiasco!!!

Von Braun's relatives have been executed as well...maybe that will change things around in the near future

Otherwise than that, axis are performing well. BB Rodney tries to escape to the north sea but stumbles into a surprise attack by u-47. Sub goes down as well as damage to Rodney. Gneisenau and airforce easily sinks Rodney.

Sweden surrenders easily this turn.

In the Med, german and italian forces crush alexandria resistance, city will be entered next turn.

Near the rock allies strike back against italian BB and axis airforce. Well the counterattack by our glorious forces sinks two allied ships. Allied med-fleet is utterly destroyed now, entire royal navy now consists of 3 ships....

Lets see how long bomber wants to continue fight from fortification in Gibraltar. We got hq and experienced luftwaffe ready to fight...

pvp-email0.gif

2,974-Passenger SuperLiner To Be Largest "Fun Ship" Ever Based At Port Canaveral

It is the 19th vessel in Carnival's "Fun Ship" fleet.

Following a 12-day transatlantic crossing from Monfalcone to SUNNY ITALY , the 2,974-passenger vessel will be "officially" named July 14 by space industry pioneer Dr. Sally Ride then sail on a special five-day pre-inaugural cruise to Mediterranean ports of call. See the nazi fighter squadrons throughout Algiers. Then see the other Nazi fighter squadrons around the globe! A touching :( and detailed trip showing Nazi Air Power around the globe!

November 10,

All is quiet...allies abandon Gibraltar and an italian corps capture the fortification. Italians with german airsupport prepares to take Malta by force.

Further east Italians capture Alexandria.

In northern Europe german crack troops reorganize and refit. Soldiers of the wehrmacht is celebrating in Stockholm....

Intelligence report;

UK military strength now 1 airfleet, 1 bomber, 3 ships and 3 land units.

Deutschland uber alles!

coldesnv.jpg

(seamus) hey rog.....

(roger) yeh, seamus

(seamus) are the krauts here yet?

(roger) i dont see em....but they're bound to come.

(seamus) what do you think of the new commanding officer?

(roger) he cant fight his way out of his own bedroom. he's a twink.

(seamus) rog...do you think the uk defenses will hold?

(roger) ---LOOKING TOWARD THE HEAVENS--- why me lord....why do you put the BRAINY ONES in my pillbox....seamus..... dont you see,WE are the defense. by forcing the krauts to kill us first....we will slow them down , so that maybe they'll be out of breath when they get to the REAL defenses! SHEESH! i've bunking with a LAWYER!

April 13, 1941

All been quiet a long time now. We continue to build up and prepare for the next offensive. At end of turn Bulgaria and Hungary joins the axis side.

We are strong now, UK still lacking in units and ships. Russia at 53%, USA at 61% I think.