Official Campaign Thread 2

Another campaign(s) I've created takes place in 2027 and then in 2031. It's about the fall of the oppressive European Union (I couldn't come up with a better name) after a war flares up with the American Alliance. It's simply a futuristic U.S. liberation of ALL of Europe (except Sweeden and Switzerland) from Germany (Northern EU) and Italy (Southern EU). The only thing stopping the EU from smashing the Americans during their invasion is the ominous threat of the Empire (Russia) who is at 85% readiness.

The next campaign is the Empire's war against the American Alliance in an attempt to conquer Europe, North Africa, and North America. The first is easy as Allies while the second is easy for Axis. They're hard to explain without actually seeing them or understanding the whole history behind my "masterpiece" domination of the world.

• 1 month later...

NEW CAMPAIGN AVAILABLE

Or, more accurately, a new adaptation of the oldest one.

I know there are already several adaptations of Hubert's 1939 campaign, of which I favor Bill Macon's. After studying the others I'd like to offer my own which incorporates adjustments I feel were missing in the ones I've examined.

The first goal was to eliminate the Low Country Gambit while also increasing Allied defensive strength in France.

The second goal is to give Germany a slight air and land edge while the UK dominates the sea.

Research levels have been adjusted toward these ends and unit strengths altered to more accurately distinguish German land and air units from those of other nations and British Naval units for the same purpose.

All major nations have been given varying amounts of unassigned research credits.

Anyone who'd like a copy should contact me at the address in the envelope over this box.

[ June 04, 2003, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

As originally posted by JerseyJohn:

The first goal was to eliminate the Low Country Gambit while also increasing Allied defensive strength in France.

Thank you, at least, for this.

Now, there is one way to ALSO compromise the various Rome/Italian gambits. :cool:

Activate Italy from the beginning, only make them precisely weak enough, with understrength units, so that She is able to re-arrange OOB and deployments so to avoid mauling from FF units flying around all over the place like misplaced Witchen from Hell. :eek:

After all, She will be NO threat to anyone and the Allies can easily fend off any premature forays into Egypt.... Italy will have to spend MPPs to build up the forces required, and if your calculations are correct, this will coincide EXACTLY with the historical situation.

You could look at it as... Italy is in a "pre-war" mobilization state, yes?

Do that, and I will download your '39 Scenario, post pronto! ;)

[ June 04, 2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

Immer

What I tried doing in this one was keeping the units and activated nations as close to Hubert's as possible. No Axis Sweden, no Allied Portugal or Iraq -- none of my usual pet activations. It's basically Fall Weiss with some tweaking. Among other things I moved the Atlantic subs farther south and turned the Hood into a Battleship but stopped short of activating countries that Hubert left neutral.

In dealing with the Italian Gambit and flattening the USSR through over familiarity, I followed Mr. Macon's lead and gave them some extra MPPs. Italy can buy two immediate corps and the USSR two immediate armies or the equivalent in corps. There's no other way to deal with the situation without activating the countries.

[ June 04, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]