New RESEARCH

TOMYGUNER

new RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

National Mobilization RESEARCH

Every new level of National Mobilization RESEARCH

increases the Military Production Points for each resource by 5~10%

Night Vision RESEARCH

Improves the attack values for all land units.

Fortification RESEARCH

Build Fortification or Improves the defence values for all Strategic Resources

Nuclear weapon RESEARCH

Rockets RESEARCH level 5

+ JET AIRCRAFT RESEARCH level 5

+ Nuclear weapon RESEARCH level 5

=> product nuclear Rockets

Heavy Bombers RESEARCH level 5

+ LONG-RANGE AIRCRAFT RESEARCH level 5

+ Nuclear weapon RESEARCH level 5

=> product nuclear Bombers

Very good ideas, mate. I hope they get put into the game, but i know they wont. Hopefully someone will make a mod to the game that adds all of that stuff, after the game is released.... OR!!! it could be added in a patch. That would be kickass, cause then everyone would have it, not just people who DLed the mod.

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

All of those make sense but the night vision enhancement, thatjust doesnt fit into a game like this

The Germans had AFV night vision towards the end of the war, at this scale it would make your units rather more effective (perhaps 10% - 20% more effective) because they could run riot on dark nights.

Originally posted by husky65:

[QBThe Germans had AFV night vision towards the end of the war, at this scale it would make your units rather more effective (perhaps 10% - 20% more effective) because they could run riot on dark nights.[/QB]

My question is did they run riot at night historically? Even today with significantly improved technology night actions tend to be rare and small in scale. I don't think it fits the scope of this game either, and certainly not with the effects suggested.

No it didnt you idiot. Even if every man had a STG44 with the Vampyre night vision set, and with a Panzerfaust/shreck, that would have helped, but it sure as hell wouldnt have won the war. The project was started so late in the war,IIRC, the first operational ones were used very late 44, early 45. Besides, Vampyres were made in such low quantities (in the low thousands, IIRC), that it didnt do a lot of help, except in small raids/attacks. And those raids didnt do much to slow down the allied onslaught either.

Even with another 10,000 Panther G's, with their night vision sets on, the Allies would still have won. It was a supply issue, plain and simple. The allies had more. Russia made something like 7,000 T-34s in its lowest production year, and Germany made a couple of thousand tanks (forgot which model) in its HIGHEST production year. Germany lost the war after 42, thats a fact. After all the disasters in the East Front, and failing to get the oil fields in the Caucasus, and failing to take Moscow, they lost the war. No amount of Vampyres could have done them any good. Germany was losing supplies fast even in 41. Plus it didnt help that they couldnt mass produce.

Allies would have won either way.

[ July 06, 2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Delta ]

Originally posted by David Brown:

My question is did they run riot at night historically? Even today with significantly improved technology night actions tend to be rare and small in scale. I don't think it fits the scope of this game either, and certainly not with the effects suggested.

Sorry guys, its kind of hard coming from a community in where not a lot of people know much about WW2, or any history for that matter. www.dayofdefeatmod.com is not a place in which many history enthuesiests dwell... well, at least not anymore since they took the history forum down.

Again, sorry. Sometimes I cant tell if someones being sarcastic, even in real life :D