AAR Super Duper Bout and Duel

Curry

Last night, just when I thought my insomnia was a distant memory, a Dane and a Portugeese guy popped up between my wife and I, needless to say waking us in the commotion.

They were seeking a port, they both claimed, and using my scanner I sent them back to your last posting.

I hope they found what they were looking for. The Dane was extremely apologetic, despite the language barrier it was obvious that he'd stepped, rather vigorously I'd say, on something large and unpleasant. Hell of a time getting off the mattress.

We're both hopeing the poor wretches from your hotseat game will remain virtual tonight! ;)

[ December 09, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn 6:

Germany fresh of it's conquests of the European powerhouses, Denmark and Poland figure it's time to call it good.

Hitler delivers his; "We got what we want let's make nice-nice speech."

The speech falls on deaf ears. As it was delivered at the Barvarian Home and Beer Hall for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing.

Britian and France who were mildly upset that Hitler delivered the speech in German, had a hard time finding translators. France found a parakeet that spoke German and the parakeet translated Hitler's speech as; "I'm a pretty Bird."

This really confused the English cause of the slang meaning they have for the word "Bird". Plus they apparently didn't know bird was the word.

Since peace was averted for now. Germany decides to move it's army west and mass on the Swiss border. Von Runstedt mutters out loud at the Fuhrer Nap; "Teach them to have level 5 subs".

In the west:

The french sub sails into the South Atlantic looking for elusive German Merchant Ships. "Wow there are a lot of ports here but not on the map"; exclaims the French Sub Captain.

They promptly torpedo a yacht belonging to the Kingdom of French Indo-China. "Opps, our bad" was the official apology issued by the French.

In France proper they debate showing solidarity with the Danes and Poles by surrendering. They debate and debate and break for wine & cheese.

The Irish corps, surrounded in the Guiness Brewery and led by Irish General David O'Koresh decide to take matters into their own hands. They bar all the windows and doors then set the brewery alight.

Britian seizes the ashes and proclaims an end to Irish militarism. Chamberlains public opinion drops like a Internet Stock as the people blame him for loss of life in the Guiness Standoff as it becomes known.

Alarm grips the British military as they realize their three armies and tank unit are trapped in Ireland. "NO PORT!!! Darn it, our maps were out dated. In 1912 the Titanic found a port here, how come we couldn't?" They start a search.

Prime Minister Chamberlain states; "It's a right good thing we didn't send an HQ too. That would have wasted a lot of MPP."

The RAF hoists another pint or twelve in memory of the Guiness Brewery.

Portugals drive through Spain is further thwarted when Spain rejects it's declaration of war. "You didn't mark the Marital Status box" was the official reason. However the world knew it was because Spain didn't have a port to stand on either.

A third sign appears near lisbon, this time in all caps; "Don't even get us started on the Baltic States having a port!"

The United States offers to send MPP to Britian but can not find the drop down menu to do so. So they sit and relax. FDR stating; "Sometimes it's good to be neutral."

The Winter War begins when a Finnish woodcutter accidentally cuts down a tree on the USSR side of the border.

Stalin responds to this act of militarism with 1/35th scale invasion of Finland. Delivering a most famous; "We's gots Ports and ain't afraid to use them on Y'all" speech. (Remember Stalin is from Georgia).

Confused, Finland doesn't know how to respond yet, but they announce a national "We Love Our Port" day.

Europe is in flames.

Turn 7:

Germany responds to the release of the "German Generals Gone Wild" tape in the low countries. By declaring war on the Low Countries, except for Luxemburg who declares war on itself.

Hitler delivers his; "These acts of rampant militarism offend my sensibilities!" speech.

Quickly the dutch corps is overrun while out picking tulips near the dikes. The Luftwaffe, using maps their spies got from the British, fire bombs Rotterdam thinking it was the Amstel Brewery.

They rush into Belgium only to be stopped in their tracks by a clever question. Is Belgium really France North? Holland South? Or Germany West? No one in the wehrmacht really knew the answer so they paused to ponder Belgian National identity.

The Luxemburgers swiftly crush themselves in a military campaign lasting 11 minutes. Surrendering to themselves before tea. After tea the country goes on a mad rampage of looting itself. A total of 37,211 MPP were found and looted from itself.

The french attempt to surrender to the Luxemburgers but arrive at the border only to find Luxemburg is closed due to war.

C'est la DRAT!!!!!" Cry the French as they send out peace feelers to the Norwegians and Turks. "There must be someone we can surrender to besides the Boshe?"

The french sub promptly torpedoes a water ski boat, killing the entire Costa Rican Water Ski team. Apologizing, france claimed it felt menaced.

Britian ousts Chambelain for his actions against the Guiness Brewery and replace him with a Giant Panda. The Panda promptly resigns and it appears only Winston Churchill wants the job, cause he could use the bump up in salary. Parliment quickly makes him Prime Minister De Jour.

In Ireland the 3 British Armies and Tank unit are still looking for a port.

Portugal becomes more jaded and cynical by the minute. Having no port and unable to get spain to accept their declaration of war, they have an idea. They quickly take a aspirin and it goes away.

The US relaxes. Miltant factions attempt to get FDR to involve the US in the "European" war. FDR states that a silliness gap exsists between them and they should stay neutral and become an arsenal of silliness. Whatever that means. US war readiness moves up.

Finland quickly steps on Russia's 1/35th scale tanks and soldiers stalling the Red Army advance.

Finland then launchs a 1/72nd scale counterattack to drive the russians back. Mainly the fact 1/72nd scale tanks are cheaper than 1/35th. Finland's mother gives it a pitance for an allowance.

In Italy Mussolini ponders. Quickly the doctors diagnose it and he feels better.

Outside of Lisbon a new sign appears; "Pretty Please with Sugar on Top?"

Oh my.

Turn 8:

Germany decides that difficulty of answering the Belgian National Identity question is too much. They flip a coin and decide to stomp Belgium off the face of the Earth and answer the question when they make their halftime adjustments.

Party's erupt everywhere in Germany in celebration of achieving a double advance. Up to level 3 Sonar and Level 1 Rockets. Now they feel strong enough to defeat the Swiss Subs. With the added bonus of going from Whistling Bottle Rockets to Roman Candles.

Germany carpet bombs switzerland in a suprise strike to cripple Swiss Militarism.

The Swiss cry; "What did we do? We don't even have a port!"

Hitler responds with his; "You know what you did, so admit it!" speech.

Unfortunately someone failed to tell the German General staff during their gone wild parties that the swiss were entrenched to level 4 in the mountains.

General Von Donkeybutt stops the offensive against the Swiss after seizing one of their Swiss Miss Hot Coco depots at the lower altitudes. Germany suffered horrendous casualties, but the little marshmellows were worth it to them.

Along the Maginot Line German soldiers make gestures at the French in an effort to make them feel menaced.

The french sub had been torpedoing every rowboat, canoe and paddleboat they could find. Thus their supply of torpedoes ran out. In an effort to sink one last RC model boat, they loaded their french baggets into the tubes and fired them. The RC boat survived, covered in wet bread, but it survived.

France debates the honor of calling off the war and rescheduling at the end of the season.

In england Churchill gets to work. He delivers a grand; "Stop Drinking So Much" speech to the RAF. Who promptly toast it with a pint or two.

Since the Port of Cork wasn't on the game map, the british decided to disband their 3 armies and tank in Ireland. Using the MPPs they decide to research Heavy Tanks. Churchill states "That something must be done about Iraq, it's just sitting there minding it's own business. We'll show them."

In the U.S. there is outrage about Swiss Militarism and how the Germans dealt with it. FDR proclaims that the German attack was down right silly. That the US is the arsenal of silliness and how dare Germany be sillier than the US. War readiness jumps.

Finland and the USSR are locked in a deadly model building contest to decide the fate of the winter war. The USSR intercepts Finland's Tamiya Model Catalog and burns it, crippling the Finns war effort.

Finland sues for peace, but since the courts are tied up with lots of frivolous lawsuits, the case is scheduled to be heard around July 3, 2411.

Finland becomes concerned.

Portugal decides it can sneak through the Spanish Frontier wearing T-Shirts that say "I'm Spanish not Portuguese". They quickly called the screen printers.

To Portugals dismay it's soldiers were turned back at the border. They cried; "But Look at our Shirts!"

They failed to realize the shirts were printed in Portuguese and not Spanish. Back to the drawing board they went.

A new sign appears near Lisbon; "What if you gave us one of Russias? They have two."

What an odd war.

Konstantin

More critical observers aside, I happen to think your AAR is a masterpiece and am enjoying immensely. It has Pathos and a search for ports.

-- I hope Hubert realizes one can't spell Portuguese without using all the letters of the word, ports! Sheer coincidence, I think not! ;)

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Another one tongue.gif

SuperDuperBout #5

Rematch between Dragonheart aka Königstiger ag Königstiger aka Dragonheart.....

Best of 5

Game#1 Dragonheart (axis) surrenderd in round one as his first unit did only 2 damage on the polish army... :eek:

Game#2 Königstiger (axis) surrendered in round one as his cruisers did not damage on the danish corps :rolleyes:

Game#3 Königstiger (allied) surrendered in round one as he did not find the subs in round one :D

Game#4 Dragonheart (allied) surrendered in round 2 as Königstiger got LC without loosing one airstrenghpoint

Game#5 Dragonheart (axis) surrendered in round 1 as Königstiger declared war on Irland :confused:

3:2 for Königstiger

ROFL

New record set....five games within 1 hour.... :eek: :D

That reads like a Rambo or Zappsweden match tongue.gif

Turn 9:

Germany flush with it's plunder of the low countries decides to build more strategic bomber units. All the better to continue the round the clock carpet bombing of Switzerland.

Generaloberst Von Donkeybutt states that he might have better success in the Swiss Alps if they didn't have an entrenchment level of 4. His troops wait sipping Hot Coco with tiny marshmellows while the luftwaffe does it's thing.

German troops storm into France. Driving for the 50 yard line near Paris. German imbeded newsmen leading the way, often capturing hundreds of French soldiers a day. France attempts to blitz the germans every down, but the fail miserably.

Hitler delivers his; "War is good when you are winning" speech. The German Speaking French Parakeet translates this as "Does birdy want a treat?"

The french sub has exhausted it's supply level and decide to make for home. While heading for Brest they run notice a couple of german wolf packs. Quickly they lock the screen doors, put away the deck chairs and dive to avoid the U-Boats attacks.

After minor flooding they resurface to see the wolf packs have moved off to raid British shipping lanes.

In france proper they fire their offensive line coach and running backs coach. They then proceed to stone several generals for not advocating surrender. Debate wages on, for whom to surrender to.

French troops are demoralized as they haven't had a winning team in years. They were told they had good recruiting classes but this was neutralized by poor coaching.

France states they feel extremely menaced.

Britian issues it's troops wool greatcoats and puts them on the boat for egypt. Churchill stating that you can't be too prepared.

The RAF, which is concerned about getting sand in it's beer lobbys Churchill to leave them behind to defend the islands. "Send them Malta Chaps" they tell him. Churchill notices with amazement that 3 old biplanes named Faith, Hope and Charity constitute an entire strength 10 airfleet in Malta. Outstanding.

The swiss try to turn world opinion against the germans. They take out newspaper ads with a map of Switzerland showing that they are a tiny, portless country. Stating "we'd even be happy with an airport".

The winter war ends as finland granted a TV timeout. Russia licks it's wounds and begins to reorganize the red army. Russian generals stating to Stalin that they'd get their butts kicked if they had to fight a AP top 25 army.

Stalin shows great restraint and only has half the officers involved in finland arrested and shot.

Mussolini considers jumping on the bandwagon.

Portugal with it's invasion of Spain thwarted again comes up with a new plan of action. They dress several men up as spanish commandos and stage an incident at a local radio station.

These men seize the radio station and broadcast "Death to Portugal, Silly Portless Country".

Portugal then invades Spain.

New signs outside Lisbon state; "We'll trade you Spain and a Country to be named later for a port"

The war drags on.

"...a map of Switzerland showing that they are a tiny, portless country...."

Konstantin

About twenty years ago a friend of mine returned from a business trip to Zurich (he was an elderly lawyer who represented, uh, dubious individuals :D ) and told me in amazement,

"The Swiss have a Navy, did you know that?"

I shook my head and said I knew they had water, so why not a Navy.

He shrugged, "I mean, okay, so you call it a River Patrol or Lake Monitors or something, but a Navy!"

Which helps indicate that the Swiss are not really the simple, innocent folk they pretend to be. Germany was justified in it's preventive war upon those diabolical fiends!

Ah yes, General Donkeybutt, my former C.O. at Loring AFB! ;)

[ December 10, 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Turn 10:

Germanys driving deep into French territory. Rommels at the 40-30-20-10 score! Germany captures Paris!!! What a drive! The fans take down the eiffel tower and parade around the streets with it. (It's smaller than it looks). Until staff advise them to take their drunken riot elsewhere and return the tower.

With Paris in their benevolent clutches, the germans meet with the French Government to discuss surrender. However due to an oversight the French speak French and the Germans speak German.

Quickly the German Speaking French Parakeet is sent for, to work out the armistice. Germany gains huge ground concessions from france, mainly northern france including Paris and the Atlantic Coastline. They also get some millet seed and the paper in their cage changed.

France becomes Vichy France. They get southern France and the colonies. They also get a pretty bell to ring and some treat.

All sign the armistice and Hitler delivers his; "Holy Cow that was Easy" speech.

Churchill is stunned by the news of Frances surrender. "I thought they would have surrendered sooner than this" he is quoted as saying.

Before the House of Commons Churchill delivers his "Now the Battle of France is over, it's time for the battle of britian. It's really a-ok people, France was a silly ally anyways." speech.

The RAF hoists several pints in his honour.

The French Sub arrives at Brest to find the port full of german ships. "Sac-re-blu, why did we raid the atlantic when all the german ships were in our home port?" asks the French Captain.

The one of his observant crew informs him that it appears the Germans have control of the Hotels and Bars in the port. That they would have a hard time finding a place to stay. So they declare themselves free swinging French and decide to sail to England.

The swiss react to the surrender of France by throwing a kegger. We shall fight the germans ourselves they declare as the carpet bombing by the luftwaffe continues to devastate the Swiss dairy industry.

Generalleutnant Von Donkeybutt complains to Hitler about the noise. Hitler pledges to crash their party.

Portugals offensive into Spain is stalled when they are chased away by an old lady with a broom. "You kids get out of here, you're scaring the hens with that racket" she cries!

Portugal retreats after only losing 73 tanks and 13,451 soldiers. Mostly Prisoners. Who the old lady promptly put to work milking the cows.

Mussolini, a Yankees Bandwagon Fan, jumps on the Axis bandwagon by declaring war on the allies. Benito saying; "If anyone can be silly, it's us!" He promptly orders the Italian Army in Lybia to capture some deserted British desert before dessert.

The promptly march into eygpt and surrender to a camel. The Camel accepts their surrender and puts them to work picking dates.

A new sign outside lisbon read; "Ok, just give us Vichy's North African Port. It's not like they are going to use it."

The war marches on.

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Hey, Blashy. Were you not one of the Terif worshippers that though it was childish and ridiculous when I made some jokes about HIM?

How does it feel being an asslicker/worshipper?

:D

It was nothing of worship, I don't care who it was you were comenting about. The issue is that you brought your complaints about an individual player not wanting to play you out in public.

I don't kiss anyone's ass except for my wife, litterely :cool: .

Originally posted by Blashy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zappsweden:

Hey, Blashy. Were you not one of the Terif worshippers that though it was childish and ridiculous when I made some jokes about HIM?

How does it feel being an asslicker/worshipper?

:D

It was nothing of worship, I don't care who it was you were comenting about. The issue is that you brought your complaints about an individual player not wanting to play you out in public.

I don't kiss anyone's ass except for my wife, litterely :cool: . </font>

Konstantin

Looking forward to it; meanwhile this thread is developing a parellel plot, some Swedish story or maybe my TV' rabitt ear antennae is getting a mixed signal, I'll put tinfoil on them. tongue.gif

rabbit-ears.jpg

[ December 11, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Turn 11:

In Germany the citizens are partying in the streets. Sonar Tech level 4 has been acheived. Wild celebrations are being held throughout Germany and Hitler is seen on top of the Reichs Chancellory yelling his; "I'm King of the World!" speech.

Field Marschall Von Donkeybutt launchs an all out offensive to knock Switzerland out of the war and end it's rampant Militarism which was destabilzing Europe.

Due to the relentless carpet bombing of the Swiss dairy industry, it's soldiers had to leave it's level 4 entrenchments to go milk the cows. Bad things happen if you don't milk the cows.

The germans quickly sliced through the swiss defenses like a hot knife through swiss cheese. Very fast and very gooey.

Without Iceland's support Switzerland has no choice but to sue for peace. They also tried to sue for punative damages but the court threw out that and only awarded them peace.

The luftwaffe begins to transfer to NW france. Prep for a cross channel invasion of England must begin soon. As all eyes in the OKW are on the Russian war readiness number. Very nervous that it's hovering around 52%. They worry about an upset now that their army is number one in both the AP and USAtoday polls. (Note BCS wasn't around into 1941)

England braces itself for invasion. They request more aid from the US to fight Jerry. FDR responds; "Who's Jerry?"

The RAF disperses it's fighter units to local pubs in an effort to make it harder for the Luftwaffe to get in and get served. The RAF applauds this move and it is seen as a crucial morale booster.

The malta three as they have become known are strafing the Baghdad corps. The Iraqis file a protest, claiming that they were doing nothing, have no port nor weapons of mass destruction. Churchill responds that Iraq was; "Doing so much nothing that it must be up to something!"

The free swinging french sub arrives in England. They are resupplied and told to sonder off and go sink the Bismarck. They begin the search at local pastry shops.

Mussolini is distraught over the rampant surrendering of Italian forces in North Africa. Some italians were even surrendering to other italians. He requests help from germans and issues an order to his troops that surrendering is limited to only 3 times a day, except on Sundays and alternating Thursdays when they can surrender 4 times.

Portugal begins regrouping after it's failed attempt to invade spain. They work out another invasion plan using the ACME catalog. They expand their airforce.

A sign pops up outside of Lisbon; "Fine, we don't want a port. Don't give us one and see if we care."

The war escalates.

Turn 12:

In Germany the following is heard during the daily Fuhrer Story Time Conference;

Von Brauchitsch; "Mein Fuhrer, now with Switzerland out of the war and their level 5 subs neutralized, we should abandon Sonar Research."

Goring; "But Mein Fuhrer, don't do it, Sonar is quite useful."

Von Brauchitsch; "Useful how?!?!?! You pompous arrogant ignorant wind bag?"

Goring; "Say if I went swimming and lost my car keys in the middle of the lake, I could use sonar to find them."

Von Brauchitsch; "You sniveling worthless piece of fetid chicken phelgm, when was the last time you ever did any physical exercise?"

Goring; "This morning!!!"

Von Brauchitsch; "Wrestling open the door on the fridge doesn't count."

The conference goes on and Hitler decides to continue researching Sonar. But to placate a hostile Von Brauchitsch he moves one point from Rockets to Gun Laying Radar.

The luftwaffe begins the battle of britian by attacking the port outside of london in order to draw the RAF into combat. It works as the RAF is forced by the computer to intercept the luftwaffe. Serious damage is done to both sides. Hitler and Goring are pleased by the numbers presented to them by the accounting firm Arthur Andersen. They had hired Arthur Andersen to audit the Battle of Britian.

German U-Boats move into position and permits are issued for them to begin the hunting season.

Germany starts looking for other ground targets. OKW's top five choices are:

Vichy France: Cause they are weak and they are french

Yugoslavia: This was tabled as they figured it would be best to build up on it's border and wait for the Pro-Allied Coup

Norway: Pickled Herring and Distance prove a problem

Antartica: Penguins

California: No one wanted to administrate it

Discussions are held but nothing decided.

In England Churchill continues to scowl in an effort to keep moral up. The RAF, upset because of forced interception, hoists several pints to help them deal with it.

Damage to the port was heavy, 7 pubs, 3 inns and a wicker furniture factory were all destroyed costing england 8 MPP's. 3 people were menaced.

In the Middle East the British claim the Iraqis were building a port, and keeping it hidden from inspectors. Iraq denies it has ever had a port building program. Receipts show the Iraqis were buying port building materials from Germany, Russia and France.

The malta 3 continue to strafe the baghdad corps and wait for the arrival of ground troops from england.

The Swinging Free French Sub runs out of torpedoes after they continue to float bismarcks out on the ocean and then fire at them. The royal navy does nothing to end the sillyness. They were laughing too hard.

Germany pledges to help italy with it's surrendering problem. They send vast amounts of plundered surrendering technology from france. It increases the efficency of Italian surrenders which makes Mussolini happy. They now can surrender more with less.

Stalin takes notice that the Baltic States have a port. Gettting hold of it would give Russian 3 ports and make it a world port power. Stalin informs the baltic states they can elect to join the USSR or be shot. The join the USSR (Union of Super Silly Republics). This pleases Stalin and he shoots 1/5 of his generals.

Portugal readies it's ACME Super Deluxe Spain Invader. Just as they are about to use it, Spain notices it is version 1.07 of the game. Britian declared war Portugal. Spain joins the Axis.

Portugal is mad. Now they have to get their money back from ACME and find another country with to invade, preferably with a port.

Greedy militaristic portuguese eyes then notice Vichy France is neutral and has TWO ports!

Outside of Lisbon a new sign reads; "OK FINE!!!! If you won't give us a port, we'll take matters into our own hands!!!!!"

The war jumps up and down and goes "boogieboogieboogie".