Schreiverwüstung, bis das ende (How to fight in the Defense of the Reich)

In A recent game against Mr Tennant I finally justified a long standing theory that the key to German Victory is a strong (agressive) defense.

In Late 1942 He Hit France in force. I Was on the verge of a Victory in Russia. By the time he took Paris, Moscow had fallen. I withdrew behind the Rhine River, and there the line held for 2 years. In which time I defeated Russia, and turned back for a MASSIVE counter offensive.

However, the battle for the Reich will not always be winable for the German player. In many games the situation really is hopeless.

What is a German Player to do in a situation like this?

Schreiverwüstung, bis das ende !

(Cry Havoc until the end!)

Dont Give in! Create a ring of steel around the Reich. Use the Danube, the Oder, and the Rhine to bolster ur defense. If 2 of these are breached, then the jig is up. Make full use of your entrenchment bonuses. Use Infantry, they are the easiest to reinforce.

The Two Most Critical techs for Germany when in Defense of the Riech are Anti-Tank, and Industrial Tech. THESE ARE THE KEY

For Der Faderland!

CvM

[ May 17, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Carl G. E. von Mannerheim ]

CvM --- You're correct about the Germans needing I.T. For that matter, everybody can use cheaper units, replacements, operand costs, etc.

In different periods of the game, tech. categories change in value. For example: Heavy Tanks can score well for the Germans until the Russians get Anti-Tank. But until they do, a nice six-pack of level-13 tanks can smash & dash across Russia; this can force the Russians back the Volga quickly. Jets & Long-Range tend to dominate next; at least the middle 70% of the game. The last part of the game, anti-Tank is King. The Red-Army with anti-Tank-15 is a scary site both on offense & defense. The Germans w/ high anti-tank will perserve valuable units.

Hollywood. I like any & all tech.

CvM, how many airfleets do you had on the western front? How do you could resist 7 allied airfleets for 2 years?

Unfortunally the german translation makes no really sense.

I think a better translation of your "propaganda" smile.gif is:

"Vernichtet sie bis zum letzen Mann"

oder even better for your strategy:

"Nicht einen Schritt zurück!"

(Not a step back)

smile.gif

Kind Regards

Roland

Germany