Rambo's RACK Strategy

Oak

R.A.C.K --- definition: based of the famouts "rack 'em, nice take", I created my own strategy. RACK stands for Rambo Axis Carrier Kracker. It's designed to counter the popular UK idea to sit on their ass with their carriers & RAF. What you do it build nothing but Axis carriers & the tech to support the idea (Jets, Long-Range). You buy nothing else except carriers & blast away. Put them in the MedFront, North Sea, Black Sea, Atlantic, English Channel, in Ports such as Marseilles (BEST PLACE). Just sail around & trash Allied units.

Victims of RACK: Terif, Zapp, & many weak players.

So next time you're at the Mall shopping...And you see a looker...you make think,"Let them puppies breathe or nice rack". Now I've added to the saying RACK. (pictures NOT included)

Invent

[ August 03, 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

What you do it build nothing but Axis carriers & the tech to support the idea (Jets, Long-Range). You buy nothing else except carriers & blast away. Put them in the MedFront, North Sea, Black Sea, Atlantic, English Channel, in Ports such as Marseilles (BEST PLACE). Just sail around & trash Allied units.
How is this strategy applied to the Eastern Front? Maybe you adopt the attitude of the guy in the movie Fitzcarraldo ? :D

Against an experienced player this "RACK" strategy only works once ;) .

And it only worked against me cause I wasnt prepared and this time Rambo had luck in every aspect of the game:

- he got Paris (full entrenched) with one ground and 5 air attacks - normally impossible - that costed me a total of 1500 mpp lost units that I had evacuated/reached UK territory next turn.

- he got Madrid the same way and Spain surrendered immediately despite 5 surviving spanish units at mostly full strength (very improbable) - costed me the whole southern front and 4 US armies, cut off in Portugal.

- he usually was more advanced in LongRange and reached Lv4 LR + Lv 4 jets. Despite UK researching longer in time and having more chits (they never got LR4 !). Only with tech, carriers are deadly. And he always got the next advance in a critical moment.

e.g. Western Allies got France, LC and western Germany without much resistance (he had no mpp for ground units, 13 carriers built), simultaneously Russia attacked in Poland and Romania. He was near defeat, when he got the next LR advance (Lv4) and was able to reach Paris and and other important targets with carriers from the Med/North Sea. So he killed some UK airfleets and some Russian ones in the east.

But the most decissive was: I was not prepared. Axis carrier strategy can be easily countered if Allies expect such a strategy. But I never thought he would go such a risky way and sacrificed my UK fleet too early. And even without expecting it, he was several times close to a defeat.

It ended mid 1946: Russia still in good shape, holding Odessa-Kharkov-Smolensk-Moskov and pushing Axis back (most carriers near England), UK alive, Turkey and Iraq allied. But probably he would have gotten London before a stalemate draw in 1947 - with London = victory for Axis, else a draw. The last 6+ hours of the game would have been boring for both sides and I would have needed a lot of luck to hold London, so we decided to start a new game and I surrendered.

SUMMARY:

Rambos "RACK" strategy can be used successfully only once. Next games I was prepared and he lost very very fast :D - he lost during 2 days 6 games so far in a row against me and Zapp. RACK strategy is the ultimative risk strategy. If it surprises the enemy, Axis can win. If not, they have nearly for sure lost.

Naturally it works against new players, but an experienced player should win against a newbie with every strategy ;) .

[ August 04, 2003, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Kewl now I know why he builds Carriers against me. Usually he does it when I'm completely sucking and taking forever... The easy counter to this is Dutch Gambit round 1. Hold France really late. The germans can't afford to commit to a Navy or LR fighter Tech

• 3 months later...

I can now inform that Rambo has developed RACK alot since he first invented it.

The fully developed RACK IS a balanced strategy in my opinion because their is no bullet proof counter to it. I bet most players have not faced the fully developed RACK, I have. If UK/USA air duels in the west (weakening their reserves), Axis shift carriers+air west and use the benefit of carriers to literary "Blow UK to pieces" before they land. I have quite equal results playing Allies against Rambo's RACK i.e I win some and lose some.

RACK is one very good alternative strategy for Axis. In the developed RACK, Axis does not neglect ground wars against Russia. RACK is not a game winner but it gives Allies a very tricky game. Ofcourse, RACK is pretty much affected by the early wars. If France falls very late, no RACK in the world can save you (unless opponent makes mistakes).

The developed RACK is more like Axis bulding as many Carriers as neeeded and place them in the most important places (neglecting Black sea and other less important places) so that they afford ground forces to invade Russia for some turns.

In the new RACK, Axis invade Russia build carrier experience for some turns and then either

a) shift everything west doing sea-lion stalling Russia in the east

B) Continue building up Super Carriers in the east and try to bleed Russia to death.

The tricky part is now that if Allies are too passive, Russia will have a hard time and if Allies approach France Axis can always shift tactic from b to a.

When RACK is BACK it aint just SMACK, In fact heads will CRACK.

[ November 21, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]