AAR - Amona(Axis) vs JerseyJohn(Allies) in modified campaign

Amona

21st July 1940

With morale at home restored and the threat of imminent invasion removed, the battered 1st Army is transported without incident from the French port city of Brest. Evacuated throughout the siege were untold thousands of French civilians and refugees from other parts of occupied Europe; left behind were other untold thousands who have fled in fear of nazi oppression. Ships bulging with men and supplies, it was announced that the unhindered evacuation departed with all ranks, leaving no wounded behind to the enemy's mercy. The action was described by General Ironside as, "The most perfect affair of its kind that one could possibly desire."

Though classified as secret, it is speculated that, due to the large number of wounded and killed in action to be replaced, the army has been withdrawn to Great Britain for rest and rebuilding rather than being sent on the long trip around the Cape of Good Hope at the present time.

Extract from The Times of London's coverage of the story,

FRANCE GIVEN UP TO AXIS!

The First Army has been pulled out of Brest after hard fighting against German ground attacks and massive air sorties by the German and Italian air forces. Though suffering considerable casualties, the prolonged defense is said to have . . .

Britain utilizes 185 MPPs worth of resources.

[ August 20, 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TURN 13a, July, 28 1940

Entry levels: US 21%, USSR 44%

MPPs: Germany 498/ Italy 348/ UK 212

War Diary of OKW:

English evacuated Brest. II AK occupies city without resistance. The operation in the West is now concluded.

Discussions grind on about Sealion. No decision by Fuhrer as of yet.

Meanwhile, preparations are going on for other operations of strategic proportions.

Otherwise a very quiet period. The enemy is very quiet indeed.

Group North reports:

Further bombardments of VIII AK in Bergen, Norway.

German General at the Headquarter of the Italian Forces reports:

No activity, apart from italian subs sinking 5 MPPs worth of merchant ships near Malta.

Fremde Heere West (Foreign armies West, branch of german intelligence services, concerned with western enemies) reports:

Intelligence analysis of the English forces:

Army:

Probably 14 - 15 ground units.

Possibly 4 of them Free French (2 colonial corps and 2 armies evacuated to Britain)

4 originally located in MidddleEast

1 Gibraltar

1 corps originally in London

2 newly built armies (1st and 2nd), seen in Bordeaux and Brest

Others unkown, probably 1 HQ in England.

Air force:

4 air units.

3 original (including 1 bomber group)

1 probably Free French.

Navy:

13 to 14 groups. Lost 1 cruiser group so far, so probably 1 or 2 Free French groups.

Ministry for armament and ammunition reports:

261 MPPs collected.

Italy collected 115 MPPs.

VOELKISCHER BEOBACHTER reports on page 1:

"... so the English have laid their destiny in the hands of an alkoholic with distasteful habits. Churchill, the hasardeur of the Dardanelles..."

4th August 1940

A quiet time of preparation for the anticipated Axis assault upon British shores.

"We will fight them on the beaches... on the hills...we shall never surrender!"

winston.jpg

Informed that German newspapers were referring to him as an alcoholic, Sir Winston pointed to the above photograph and quipped, "No doubt they'll call me a gangster as well!"

TURN 14a, AUGUST 11, 1940

MPPs: UK 333 Germany 278 Italy 463

War Diary of OKW:

Nothing new to report. Our plans proceed.

Italian wolfpacks sink 10 MPPs worth of merchantships.

265 MPP collected.

Italy collected 115 MPP.

VOELKISCHER BEOBACHTER ASKS ON PAGE 1:

PREPARES ENGLAND AN ATTACK WITH GAS? WEHRMACHT READY TO COUNTER IT!

As Summer turns to Autumn His Imperial Majesty, King George VI, takes advantage of a lull in the fighting to inspect numerous naval, air and army units in Southern England.

At Dover RAF he pauses to ask a decorated flyer what he believes the enemy will do next.

"Oh, they're up to something, Your Majesty. I isn't like Gerry to lounge about taking in the sun. We see them all the time snooping about, maybe doing a bit of a skirmish but never anything too serious. I think we're for'it and soon if it isn't too impertinent of me to say so, Your Majesty."

kgv.jpg

The Empire and Commonwealth of Nations realizes production of 175 MPPs, creating a balance of 201 MPPs after combining with prior net balance.

TURN 15a, AUGUST 28, 1940

MPPs: Germany 265/ Italy 168/ UK 201

War Diary of OKW:

Nothing new to report, apart from massive preparations for an invasion across the Channel. Should the English think about it, if its for real or not...

Discussions about an invasion of Egypt. Italian admiral staff fears Royal Navy in Eastern Med.

At least an effort to take Malta should be possible, but Italians dont want to risk their pretty ships in that. General very upset, as clear by his very ironic reports, which clearly leave the path of clear technical military language.

Fuhrer says there is nothing we can do about that.

At least Italian subs still score on English merchant fleet. 10 MPPs worth sunk in the period.

267 MPP collected.

Italy collected 115 MPP.

MAERKISCHE VOLKSZEITUNG (Paper of the people of the mark) explains on page 4:

"... it is clear that an undertaking like a seaborne invasion of England is no trivial exercise. The Volksgenossen can be assured that the staffs of the Wehrmacht and all its men are working round the clock with german accuracy to get ready for the final onslaught.

The German mills may mill slowly, but they mill very precise.*"

* A German saying, undoubtedly translated by me into wrong English. smile.gif

Though she stands alone, Britain seems unaffected by the War which, only a few weeks ago, seemed certain to embroil her in a desperate life and death struggle fought on her sandy shores and grassy meadows.

Even as her airfields fill with newly built Spitfires and her coasts continue to be crissed crossed by squadrons of Hawker Hurricanes on combat air patrol, days pass in the warm clear summer and the skies remain free of German Bombers.

hurri_bob.gif

As one British pilot puts it, "Gerry's been minding his business and we've been minding ours." But nobody believes the lull will last much longer. Certainly not long enough for the blue skies of autumn to turn wintery gray.

Across the English Channel the image of Winston Churchill flashing the V for Victory sign becmes a familiar sight from hundreds of thousands of posters dropped from high altitude. Underground radio broadcasting in Polish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, Belgian and French, ask for patience and quiet preparation with the promise of a better day to come, a time of LIBERATION!

FRresistanceC.JPG

[ August 24, 2003, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Leopard, Glad you're enjoying it; Amona did a great job editing the scenario and creating the house rules, which has a lot to do with why it's flowing so closely to the historical events. As the Allies I don't mind that situation at all. ;)

But I suspect he's got something devastating brewing behind the scenes.

TURN 16a, SEPTEMBER 15, 1940

MPPs: Germany 384/ Italy 243/ UK 199

War Diary of OKW:

The quiet time is over. In an combined operation by all three parts of the Wehrmacht, Operation Alleruebung (Aller exercise, as you have undoubtedly guessed, another german river) is conducted, an massive strike to secure swedish ore for our mission to secure Europe once and for all.

1st Swedish army in Stockholm is bombarded by Gneisenau combat group and Luftflotten I, IV and III, located near Oslo. After that, 14th army lands north of the city and finishes off the defenders.

8th army lands south of Stockholm, occupies it and attacks 2nd Swedish Army to the West of it.

L II and L V support the assault, leaving 2nd Swedish with 40% strength.

Further south, XXX AK and 10th army attack I Sw corps after landing by sea. Finally, Scharnhorst combat group shells the swedish corps. I Sw corps is now down to 30% strength.

Despite the fall of Stockholm and the heavy losses swedish formations have taken, Swedish government refused to surrender. An airborne assault by 7th FliegerDivision to capture government before able to leave the capital was a failure.

Nevertherless, Sweden will surrender soon, and Scandavia will be completely secure.

Apart from these operations, everything is quiet in Europe. The English dont move a muscle. Only Group North reports bombardments of VIII AK in Bergen by the usual warships.

Italian subs still very active, sinking 10 MPPs worth of merchant ships in Med.

Apart from that, futile discussions about Malta- or Egypt operations. Still no decision reached.

On hearing this, Fuhrer has decided to meet with the Duce again. Perhaps the Italians need some help by special German formations. Fuhrer is thinking about a Panzer corps and air support.

284 MPP collected.

Italy collected its usual 115 MPP.

Ministry for foreign affairs reports:

US war readiness rise from 21 to 41%, US government not at all pleased with our operation against Sweden.

USSR readiness has risen only slightly to 51%.

Parole of the day by chief of the German press:

"... well, the swedish ore is very important for our war industry. We must explain to the Volksgenossen, how much we have gained by this operation, which will be concluded shortly.

And the nordic people of sweden had to be united with the Reich anyway. I am thinking about a propaganda paper in Swedish. Bleichmann here has been thinking along these lines for a while and will give you some details what we have in mind. Bleichmann, would you be so kind..."

TURN 17a, October 13, 1940

Entry levels: US 41%, USSR 51%

MPPs: UK 222/ Germany 643/ Italy 358

War Diary of OKW:

In Sweden, the operation is concluded. 8th and 14th armies shatter the remnants of 2nd Sw.Army, while Luftwaffe annihilates the Swedish air force.

Finally, Sweden surrenders.

Otherwise a very quiet period.

Group Nordic reports:

VIII AK reports english naval forces have left coastal waters near Bergen, probably in fear of Luftwaffe attacks.

German General at the headquartes of the Italian Forces reports:

No activity apart from Italian subs. 10 MPPs worth of merchant ships sunk.

348 MPP plundered from Sweden.

304 MPP collected.

Italy collected 115 MPP.

A quiet time for Britain, which adds Sweden to it's growing list of Governments in exile.

=============================================

The two entries that follow have been lifted from a group effort AAR called the "Fall and decline of the Free French" which was entirely for the enjoyment of those contributing to it.

This Posting from November 11th is the only one ever made by Eva Braun.

===================================

Eva Braun

Junior Member Member # 10996

posted November 11, 2002 01:37 PM

01094.jpg

Dear Diary,

Wulfie is in such a dark mood today I find it quite exil... exhil.... eksilerating. Not that he is likely to satisfy my natural urges, he is, after all so very busy with all this ... stuff he's been up to. Not that it holds any interest for me. He has tried to explain what he and the boys are up to, but i find it so very dull. I usually do my best to look pretty and just agree with him, he has such a wicked temper and i long for him to grab hold of me and allow his temper to dissolve into animalistic passions and so engulf my lust...... ahhh. mmmmm.

I am reading such a fantastic book at the moment. It's about a butcher who is having a love -affair with a local school girl. They make love among the pig carcasses, all the blood and carving knives really turns me on. He is a gruff old fellow, and she can smell his trade on her fragile body. I haven;t finished it yet, but i hope they get married and live happily ever after in a big palace in the mountains.

The butcher reminds me so much of my darling Wulfie. He hates to bathe. He is much more concerned with something called racial cleansing, than clensing himself, he is so selfless and proactive. I wish i could be more like him, but apparently i am just a silly little fool who lives in cloud cuckoo land, I don’t know where that is, but i am sure wulfie will invade it soon enough, bless him.

That Goebels was round again the other day, he pinched my bum AGAIN the rotter, if Wulfie sees him do that, he'll chop his balls off!

Anyway, gotta dash, have to prepare Wulfies din-dins, his favorite tonight i think to cheer him up, Chicken soup with lochen and kinedlech. Some potatoe latke's and gehfilter fish for his main, then if he's a very good little dictator he can have kosher ice cream for pud!

--------------------"Better that ten thousand others die than he be lost to Germany," .... Now, slap me and call me "Evil Little Whore"!

[ August 29, 2003, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Also lifted from that Free French AAR is the response by yours truly, as Hitler, to Eva's diary entry.

JerseyJohn

Member # 10545

posted November 11, 2002 O4:52 PM

-------------------------------

hitler-berghof.jpg

"When will Eva ever get the hint? First I build a palace in the mountains for her but she doesn't understand why -- she doesn't understand what a man like me desires when he comes here to get away from things.

"Then I leave my favorite romance novel in plain sight for her to read -- the one about the swineherd who made love to his mistress among the pig carcasses, ah yes -- it makes me shudder with passion even now -- the scent of freshly slaughtered beasts in the air along with the fragrence of free flowing blood to turn them both on. But does she read the damn thing? No, I think not.

"I even cut down on my bathing hoping the natural beast in me would arouse her, but does it -- no, not at all.

"Alas, she calls me for dinner. And afterwards it's what? A nap, I suppose. Yes, my poor considerate Eva, she will think me a tired old man and insist I change out of my uniform, into a comfortable suit and take a nap.

"Good little girl that she is, she will join me, though she would prefer to be doing gymnastics. And I would prefer it too, to watch her unclothed and dripping with sweat and it flies

wildly as she tumbles and twirls and it's like the old days, Frenchmen charging us and watching the machine guns mowing them down in rows!

"But before our nap a phonecall to Radio Bavaria.

hitler-phone.jpg

"Yes, this is Adolf who lives in the -- yes, thank you, and Zig Heil to you, too. -- Well, now that you mention it, perhaps something relaxing tonight -- Schubert's 'Death and the Maiden quartet'; Wagner's 'Love Death' from Tristan und Isolde and the 'Funeral March' from

Beethoven's Eroica Symphony. Also Mozart's Masonic Funeral Music and to cheer things up Richard Straus's 'Death and Transfiguration.'

Oh, wait a moment, the Russians are our friends this week so Rachmaninoff's 'Isle of the Dead' would make a cheery addition. . . .."

hitler-braun.jpg

"When I'm relaxed like this, it makes me melancholy for the last war.

"Those erotic nights of crouching in the darkness, listening to the howls of the wounded and dying in no-man's land, wishing there were a beautiful woman on a mattress right in the middle of it all, perhaps lying in some crater made by a 420mm Krupp howitzer, even a 360mm Skoda. I would crawl out to her, she in her blonde fair skinned nakedness, and -- but, alas, that was not to be. Life is cruel.

"Ah, and the good honest scent of trench mud when winter turns to spring and the half buried things from the autumn offensives start to thaw . . .."

nahp.cgi?1&28-0710a.jpg

"Such wonderful Aryan music. Perhaps it is best this way. A little Gotterdammerung. They're so nice at Radio Bavaria, always granting my requests and being polite to me.

"And while I doze off the fond fantasies come back like old friends. Yes, to have a Grand Wagnerian ending to all this, just Eva and myself on a funeral pyre -- Furtwangler conducting the Berlin Philarmonic with the Hitler Youth Choir and the League of German Maidens Choral Ensemble, all assembled to perfom 'The Entrance of The Gods to Valhalla' from Das Rheingold.

"The entire world reduced to glowing heaps of smoldering ashes. Ah, such beautiful visions. The romantic in me always triumphs."

tz089-02.jpg

Great debut Eva -- unrequited love always brings tears to my eyes!

[ August 30, 2003, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

TURN 18a, NOVEMBER 10, 1940

MPPs: UK 317/ Germany 795/ Italy 473

War Diary of OKW:

No operations this period. Our preparations for things to come proceed as planned.

The usual zero activity, English units aproach Tobruks outer defences in Libya again, but without making contact so far.

Italian subs sink 10 MPPs worth of merchant ships again.

328 MPP collected.

Italy collected 115 MPP.

Hungary joined the Axis cause. The country will be available as starting point for operations in the Balkan from next period on.

VOELKISCHER BEOBACHTER reports on page 1:

HUNGARY JOINED THE JUST CAUSE OF THE MIGHTY AXIS! EUROPE AS A HOLE TO STAND BEHIND GREATER GERMANY IN FIGHTS TO COME!

Minister Goebbels, head of ministry for propaganda and peoples information, announces the next day:

"... so it was a sabotage act by communist agents, hiding in their dirty holes, that in yesterdays paper there was this mistake in the headlines. Naturally, the WHOLE of europe, not the HOLE was meant. These petty criminals will be brought to justice shortly, and the whole rightful wrath of Greater Germany will come down on them..."

TURN 19a, DECEMBER 8, 1940

MPPs: UK 456/ Germany 446/ Italy 188

War Diary of OKW:

Nothing new to report.

Italian subs sink 10 MPPs worth of merchant ships in Med.

344 MPP collected.

Italy collected 115 MPP.

The German American Bund holds it's most massive rally in New York's Madison Square Garden. Reflecting the steady decline of American tolerance for the Third Reich's unbridled aggressions, Bund members are booed and hissed as they enter from the street. Large numbers of city Policemen are brought in to protect swatztika wearing members from assaults by angry Jewish and Black protestors.

bund.gif

[ August 31, 2003, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

TURN 20a, February 2, 1941

Entry levels: US 45%, USSR 51%

MPPs: UK 333/ Germany 692/ Italy 303

War Diary of OKW:

Nothing new to report.

Italian subs heading for port to rearm and refuel.

Rumania and Bulgaria joined the Axis.

418 MPP collected.

Italy collected 115 MPP.

2WWwavell.JPG

The War has entered a period of unanticipated calm. As the threat of a German invasion becomes ever more remote the War Office considers Sir Archibald Wavell's request that more troops and aircraft be sent to his Middle East Command for a proposed offensive into Libya.

TURN 21a, MARCH 16, 1941

Entry levels: US 49%, USSR 51%

MPPs: UK 239/ Germany 1085/ Italy 168

War Diary of OKW:

Preparations continue. Enemy is quiet too.

Italian subs sinking 10 MPPs worth of merchant ships in the Med.

430 MPP collected.

Italy collected 115 MPP.

30 March 1941

It is anticipated that, with the new Spring, Germany will almost certainly attempt an invasion of southern England.

Defense of the British Isles is intensified, barbed wire entanglements placed along peacetime bathing areas and road blocks as well as other obstacles built along roads leading inland from the English Channel.

Despite the precaution, Londoners are enjoying the thaw, digging out quickly from the worst winter in memory.

oldmen.jpg

The elderly gentleman to the left told the BBC, "Let Gerry try it, he won't, just like Napoleon didn't try it, Gerry won't either!"

The elderly gentleman to the right quickly added, "Not that we were around back then, if that's what you're thinking!

TURN 22a, April 13, 1941

Entry levels: US 53%, USSR 51%

MPPs: UK 366/ Germany 1515/ Italy 283

SPECIAL REPORT

The OKW announces:

"Due to the danger of a pro allied coup in Yugoslawia, the Wehrmacht, supported by italian, hungarian and bulgarian forces, has taken control of Yugoslavia. Under leadership of GFM v.Rundstedt and v.Bock..."

War Diary of OKW:

Operation Marita to secure Yugoslavia is conducted.

Beolgrade Corps is attacked by 1st Bulg.Army, 3rd and 4th armies, XVI Pz and L I, and I Hung.corps takes the than empty city.

Timocka corps is aussaulted by It.1st RegiaAero, It.Alb. Corps, XIX Pz, I.Bulg. corps and LII and L IV and destroyed in the process.

Finally, Bitoliska corps is annihilated too by 1st and 2nd It. Armies and air attacks by L III and L V.

Yugoslavia surrenders quickly.

All quiet on other fronts.

German General at the headquarter of the Italian Forces reports:

Italian general staff very pleased with performance of italian forces in Operation Marita. Otherwise, only the usual 10 MPP loss for UK due to submarines in Med.

US war readiness slightly up to 61% due to our attack on Yugoslavia.

USSR very upset about this operation. Reservists are being called to arms and we received a stern note by Minister Molotov. Russias readiness is now at 69%.

313 MPP plundered from Yugoslavia.

452 MPP collected.

Italy collected the usual 115 MPP.

TURN 23a, MAY 11, 1941

Entry levels: US 65%, USSR 69%

MPPs: UK 228/ Germany 783/ Italy 358

War Diary of OKW:

Fuhrer has decided that the greatest danger for Germany lies in the East. Therefore, strong forces are assembled for a possible operation against Russia.

Otherwise, everything is quiet.

Intelligence reports the English are transporting ground units by sea.

Only the subs are raiding again, sinking 10 MPP.

about 460 MPP collected. (didnt pay attention)

Italy collected 115 MPP.