You may not be impressed but...

After a month and a half of sporadic play (a 4 month old takes alot of time) I finally achieved a victory that I am proud of. The scenerio is the advance on Caan. My british troops and 8 shermans chewed the snot out of the defenders. The Axis forces gave up on turn 28 of a 60 turn game. Final stats...

2 Sherms lost

37 KIA

6 (i think) Panzers killed

128 KIA

At the end there were only 8 combat ready germans. As I said this may not impress many, but my wife and daughters thought I had just won the lottery when I let out my victory cry.

The great thing is that now the 4 month old has gotten use to the scream of incoming rounds. In fact she focuses her attention on the screen to see the pretty yellow/red flowers bloom. Gotta love it. smile.gif

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: MSBoxer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>After a month and a half of sporadic play (a 4 month old takes alot of time) I finally achieved a victory that I am proud of.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well geez...how hard can it be to beat a 4 month old :rolleyes: I know they can take a lot of time to return PBEM's but sheesh...aren't you overdoing it a bit? :D:D

I would have beaten her sooner, but the gamey little girl brought out a huge force of JagDiapers. Have you ever fought those things???? They have the the most interesting armor. It appears to be water proof yet allows exhaust fumes to incapacitate any troops within 30 yards. If you should happen to breach the armor a automaitc self defense activates, emitting more noxious fumes with intermitent discharges of a vile biological agent.

If you ask me I should get a decisive victory for just surviving this onslaught!! :D:D

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: MSBoxer ]

Thanks for all the encouraging words, both on CM and my new daughter. This is our second child, but it is amazing how much you forget after four years. You remember how to hold, and rock , and play. But the sheer volume of diapers and the fact that for the first several months you are a virutal slave fades over time. I guess if it were the other way around and we only remembered the work, there would be far fewer 2nd and third children.

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: MSBoxer ]