CM2 Forum?

Someone made a very good point the other day in a similar message, that splitting the forum would indeed only splinter the people who post here into two more groups.

I think there is enough room for everyone on this board. I wouldn't like to have to switch back and forth all the time between board 1 and board 2. Plus it seems like a universal problem with any high-traffic site: one board gets the vast majority of posts (many of them OT because of the strict subject criteria) and the rest lie fallow. Common problem. Just look at "Tips and Tactics" or whatever its called. There is some great stuff in there, but it sits around for so long while other "Tips" flash through this board regularly.

So I ask you, which board would dry up, CM1 or CM2? Do you really want to find out? :eek:

CM1 board was up for a long time before I ever started reading it and I'm pretty sure I didnt miss anything of importance/value. So switching back and forth isnt a concern of mine. Once I get my hands on the game and try it out for a while, I'll probably be interested in discussing it, but not before.

I just dont have any intereest in reading posts on a game that isnt even out yet, especially since most of them are for silly wishlists.

What I hate is having to go through two or three pages of posts to make sure I see the new posts I might be interested in, because half of them are what I would consider "off-topic" (CM2).

Knowing this crowd, even if there were a CM2 forum, a lot of posts about it would end up on the main forum...look how many general posts get put here!

Once the game comes closer to release, I'll bet BTS will make and enforce the switch. If not, the CM1 grogs will be clamoring for "their" forum back! :D