Bergman All U.S. Sherman Plainpack RELEASED!

Maximus I'm sorry I hadn't been able to get back to you seeing as I'm am overburdening my ADSL with Uploads of that MOD to those unfortunate enough to be left in the need.

Your snow track is GORGEOUS!!

Fact is I downloaded the whole pack just for the track...

biggrin.gif

Thanks for that addition Maximus.

Mind you in 1280*1024 on a GeforceDDR you got some pink spots on the fringe of the tracks.

Nothing worth sueing as I never play this close to the tracks:

View?u=1400454&a=10812693&p=41786052&Sequence=0&res=high

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 02-23-2001).]

Fellas, I apologize for what is apparently a good bit of confusion being caused by the WINTER folder containing the snowy Shermans. This was not Marco's fault - I talked him into this packaging method.

If you use CM Mod Manager, the snowy Shermans are an "Extra". The (2) text files and the separate folder are there for Mod Manager compliance, not as a leftover from the beta. In Mod Manager the "Options" button will be lit and allow you to install the snowy versions. Doesn't anyone _use_ the blasted thing? I thought given posts on the board that lots of folks used it and that Mod Manager compliance was a GOOD thing...

The snowy versions are not part of the standard install because (or so I convinced Marco) not everyone would want them, and I offered Marco two reasons why not.

1.) if you didn't want the "some are snowy - some are not snowy" look that they will give you in a game with other AFVs that do not have winter versions out yet (Marco's own Stuarts come to mind).

2.) If you use a whitwash camo mod for your winter Shermans and don't want it overwritten by the snowy ones, or you just prefer the look of the standard BMPs.

With the snowy textures mixed in the zip with the new "Summer" ones, _everyone_ who installed the mod would get the textures whether they wanted them or not, so I came up with the WINTER folder "solution", which also gave the mod full Mod Manager compliance. Isn't the separate folder thing mentioned in the RTF file, thought I had added it?

So... sorry guys, I thought I was helping you...

- Old Dog (sighing deeply)

Guest Mongo Lloyd

Great job! Any chance that you could add the gas tank on the back of the Sherman Crocodile as a patch? Sorry if I'm being greedy biggrin.gif

Actually I mean the winterized version of the gas tank on the Crocodile

Well I'm sorry, but the Crocodile trailer won't be happening until the Churchill mod. And that will be a while:

Schedule:

1) Clean up UK Shermans to match US ones.(mostly done)

2) Cromwell, Challenger, Comet

3) Chaffee

4) Churchill, AVRE, Crocodile

Since all my modding is done entirely by hand, it is SLOW, so don't hold your breath.

Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

Schedule:

1) Clean up UK Shermans to match US ones.(mostly done)

2) Cromwell, Challenger, Comet

3) Chaffee

4) Churchill, AVRE, Crocodile

Since all my modding is done entirely by hand, it is SLOW, so don't hold your breath.

I remember reading you in some post saying that after the Stuarts and M8HMC you'll be doing the GreyHounds.

No news of that since then.

Is that somewhere in a folder or do you need to do the English before going back to the Americans and finish them off (TD, Jeeps and Al)?

Congrats again on your MOD.

Instead of playing with it I had been forwarding it for the best part of my evening here in Paris...

biggrin.gif

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

Instead of playing with it I had been forwarding it for the best part of my evening here in Paris...

PawBroon,

I would like to give you a public Thank You for you voluntary distribution of my mod. I am absolutely astounded by the volume of emailing you have reported.

Regarding my schedule, this changes quite frequently. If someone comes out with a nice mod, I drop it down my list. If lots of people ask, up it goes... plus my own whims sometimes come into play. Old Dog thinks he'll be receiving a Stuart to test, and Hey Presto!, it's a T8... Thinks it's a HVSS Sherman, and Zap!, it's a Sherman II, no, it's a snow covered M4A3... I suspect I'm becomming notorious for this. And sometimes I change it just to annoy Maximus.

So I'm afraid my schedule is an indication only, and not set in stone. You really can't tell until the next official preview by Old Dog, with a picture.

( Greyhound: +1 vote... )