Mega Campaigns

I read this article at matrix games.Sounds very interesting and encouraging if this is the next level CM will move to,especially CM2 it would be a great feature.

Here is an extract as follows:

-----------------------------------------

Mega Campaigns are special hard coded campaigns. Currently we are designing these for Steel Panthers World At War v5.0+ but are considering making some for Combat Mission and possible other games. Mega Campaigns are not linear, and branch into dozens of directions, depending on the victory level achieved by the player and also on choices he makes during play.

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

I have always wanted this for C.M.. Even though I love EVERY aspect of the game, and Operations do help, I think this feature would be great!

-Head

------------------

"I don't need my junkie friends all knockin' at my door. I just wanna do an old time waltz with a buxom Irish whore!"

-Shane MacGowan

This, at least, is the link to the matrix announcement for its Desert Fox MegaCampaign. Sounds like a neat idea and it's being done by people with a real love of the genre...

Now if I can only convince SOMEBODY to love The Thirty Years War this much... smile.gif

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/megacampaigns/whatsnew.asp

Regards,

Cyrano

------------------

"Watching others make friends, as a dog makes friends. I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and say, 'Thank God, here comes another enemy'" -- Rostand

It's nice to finally see these start appearing. I remember being one of the first people to order the Operation Husky Mega Campaign for SP from Novastar. I waited a year for it and then Novastar folded and the Mega Campaigns sort of died.

It may be enough to make me pick up/download SP-WAW.

But, guys, these Mega Campaigns are a _lot_ closer to CM operations than they are to Panzer General campaigns.

p.

I've ordered the SPWAW 5.0 & Mega Campaigns CD from Matrix myself. It will be interesting to see how well this is implemented. For the current North Africa campaign Matrix had to create 110 scenarios for all the branching possibilities, etc.

As Peterk pointed out, these campaigns won't be the standard type seen in the SP series, but something quite a bit more realistic (the forces are already preconfigured - so no "uber"-force mixtures are possible). If they do something like this for CM it will be incredible. One advantage over current CM operations is that battles can take place on different maps (possibly using a combination of scenarios and operations in one campaign) and it might be possible to track individual units/leaders (depending on the file data for a CM game).

Yes, I loved the campaign in Panzer General 1 and 2 (never got 3.)

My favorite campaign games were in East and West Front. I loved that dynamic campaign in the original West Front, and played prolly 70 battles. By the end I had a battalion of tanks, each with only one serviceable tank 'cause I never got enough replacements!

I love campaigns and wish whole-heartedly that BTS would give us one, even if it was at the cost of some amount of realism.

Besides, especially on the East Front, there were many companies and battalions that fought a great number of battles. Follow the german Divisions and you will see. They were not idle! They fought battles both big and small on a daily basis.

Please, BTWS, I'm beggin' ya! Even an uscripted dynamic campaign, where troop management was as important as the battles themselves.