CM1 : the unfinished business

Uh, pardon me if I miss the obvious here, but can someone quote where in Phantom Rocker's post where he "Demands" anything?

I have read it a couple of times over and I don't see it. If you can see past the weird sig and the statement about cracking the code (stupid thing to say, IMO) all I then see is a new guy asking for the same vehicles we all asked for ourselves.

On the subject of vehicles not included - during the recent poll someone mentioned the Skink AA tank.

Just ran across a neat document on the web - a report by Canadian Military Headquarters in July 1945 that talks at length about the planning for these - Crusaders were intended to be used until replaced by Skinks (which mounted quadruple guns rather than just two) but by April 1944 there was no perceived need for AA vehicles. The Crusaders were withdrawn, though according to the report "some were being used in a ground role" towards the end of 1944.

The Skinks were never made operational, and the project cancelled for a cost of over 7 million 1944 dollars.

Guest Napoleon1944

I am not a fan of the Eastern front and I would like to still have a shot at getting the "meatchopper" into action. I bet its one of the biggest requests for CMBO.

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Michael:

I did attempt to use trucks as a roadblock, trying to slow an armored advance down a wooded road. Didn't work: the drivers freak out and start reversing, moving around and generally panicking before they get gunned down.

Later I figured that even if I shot them myself to disable them, the tanks would probably just push them out of the way without too much of a delay anyway. Might work for slowing them down for an ambush though.

Guest Wildman

Kingfish,

Calling it "cracking the code" was not stupid. Taking a look at code in its basic formatted ASCII bytes is still looking at the code. Albit it is not very useful, you can still do things with it. Look at the patterns, change certain bytes.

This was done on Falcon 4.0, started the revolution that piece of software has seen. So while BTS may have just left a "placeholder" with empty bytes behind it, it would be difficult to tell that from the ASCII layout.

If Charles and BTS use a different 3d modeller, perhaps they could let Madmatt or other trusted agent build and integrate a M16, or other vehicle, into the game? I'm sure that it would be very difficult and timeconsuming, however, if a blessed 3rd party.

Just brainstorming.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I am tempted to try using trucks as roadblocks in CM now that I read about it!!!! Anyone know if it would work?)

Not really, tanks and halftracks push them out of the way. But it does slow them down for an AT ambush.

Guest Big Time Software

Wildman:

If Charles and BTS use a different 3d modeller, perhaps they could let Madmatt or other trusted agent build and integrate a M16, or other vehicle, into the game? I'm sure that it would be very difficult and timeconsuming, however, if a blessed 3rd party.

If it were that simple it would have already been done by now. Sorry if this is a short answer, but the answer is NO additional vehicles. The long answer is in about a dozen threads already smile.gif

Napolean1944... out of all the vehicles not in the game, yes the M16 is probably the most requested. But it is certainly not the most requested feature enhancement for CM. Most of those, however, we managed to get into the last 6 patches. Which is why there is part of the reason why there is no M16 wink.gif

Steve

Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Wildman:

If it were that simple it would have already been done by now. Sorry if this is a short answer, but the answer is NO additional vehicles. The long answer is in about a dozen threads already smile.gif

Napolean1944... out of all the vehicles not in the game, yes the M16 is probably the most requested. But it is certainly not the most requested feature enhancement for CM. Most of those, however, we managed to get into the last 6 patches. Which is why there is part of the reason why there is no M16 wink.gif

Steve

Steve, some time ago I suggested something like a briefing screen for Quick Battles, so we don't have write down all setting everytime for the opponenet and ourself (if we want to proof something). The answer was: yes, this a high requested feature (I'm not sure, but I believe it was an official BTS statement, too). I guess it won't make it into a CM1 patch anymore?

------------------

Keine Gefangenen!

Visit my Combat Mission Sound Mods site!

Scipiobase

Join the Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club

Guest MantaRay

I have enough vehicles, troops, and features I need to last me way past the CM2 time. I think, even with NO patches this game is a classic.

Now people stop wasting your time asking BTS for new stuff, so CM2 wont be released in 2004. smile.gif

And Maximass, what is your trip man. This isnt your company, so you have no right to berate anyone here.

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

The Red Army Mirror

Guest Big Time Software

Scipio:

I guess it won't make it into a CM1 patch anymore?

No, it will not. We never planned on doing this for CM1 as it involves too much recoding. In fact, way too much frown.gif But it will go into CM2, come Hell or high water.

Steve