Motorized infantry. What exactly is motorized?

I realize this has probably been answered in the past, but the search feature doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. Probably too many posts now.

Anyway, it seems to me that German Motorized Infantry should be on motorcycles, thus allowing them much faster movement and no fatigue to get in the way. However, they don't seem to move any faster than regular troops, and they certainly fatigue just as easily. So tell me, if they don't have motorcycles, what part of them is motorized? Are they cyborg infantry from Hitler's genetic experimentation program? smile.gif

Please forgive my ignorance.

BeWary

Basicly what it mean that those troops have (should) motorized transports, trucks,H-tracks and so on.

As for the game a platoon has nothing, neither does a company, but notice a battalion.They **** load of transport and SPs for the battalion.So thereyou go.

I am sure someone will come along and explain it better.

Hmmm, I think I understand. But if that's the case, shouldn't trucks and/or HT's come attached to the platoons/companies automatically? Maybe they do and I've not noticed?

The main thing I noticed about the Motorized Infantry is that they have a lot of firepower.

Thanks,

BeWary

from my understanding, they would ride to the battle field in transports and were trained in fighting from those transports, atleast for halftracks. to me though its accurate that on the platoon/company level there are no trucks included because they would drop the troops off before the conflict area was entered. not to mention the wechmarts low supply of fuel/vehicles towards the end of the war. obviously if we want vehicles included, go for the armoured troops.

Rommal was thinking more of Panzer Grenadiers which used HTs. Motorized Infantry used Trucks mostly. The Motorized units were used for attacking with and/or defending a Panzer Division. At least that was there original purpose.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Motorized troops where transported to near the front in truck, and then dropped off and allowed to walk to FEBA. Trucks were in the TO and E, but were not tactical vehicles, thus they are not included in the load out for motorized units. The only tactical use for trucks was to tow guns and artillery to the front line. Truck might show up if the motor unit was jumped, otherwise they would not.