CM2, enabling both sides to dig in. Please?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

As for foxholes, we are going to do these a little differently. They will not be automatic for the defender any more. Common, yes, but not mandatory. This is a good thing for the defender as it allows units to not be dug in or to place their foxholes in a location other than where the unit is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Magnifico, esplendido, superbo!

--Rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

.... As pointed out by ... this topic has been discussed before as I can recall advocating it too. Now I know it slipped through the BTS net last time I'm gonna have to dig out that great long dissertation of ideas I had that I thought you knew all about but now I'm not so sure. Look out!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Lest we forget the original Wine Feature Mega-list gentleman, as this was mentioned there...somewhere!

Kind regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

Steve,

I'm not talking about rescoping CM. I'm talking about being able to do many more things than we can now, within the current context of the game.

For example, you could have a company on each side defending in sector at night. Such a company might need to send out patrols ranging

from a two man element (2 x regular sharpshooters), a four man element (half squad), a squad, or even a platoon for , say, a raid or snatch mission. A scout unit might stumble into a minefield, in turn generating a requirement for engineers to be sent in to clear it before the attack jumps off at dawn the next day.

Even more tailoring in designed scenarios and ops could be done in the unit editor. Just imagine the excitement of being out trying to locate enemy weapons positions and such when there's a sound contact or worse, a sudden encounter neither side expects. All bets are off as the patrols react to each other, and it's anybody's guess whether either one will complete its original mission.

These are the kinds of things which we could easily do if you just let us dig in both sides. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go deliver this demo charge to that bunker my men just located.

Regards,

John Kettler