How do you know if "mods" are working...

Hello again,

This is a newbie type question. I have d/l'd and installed (to the BMP directory...)the MDMP (1 and 2) DD's terrains, and Panzersomethinorother's buildings. I have "never" played the game with the default settings. I am wondering if there is some way to tell if the mods are being used correctly, or do I just have faith that they are. I have never seen the "before" so I have nothing to compare it to. Also.. is there some way to change the resolution or to see what resolution I am in? (I am 99% sure that It is in 10x7- as I recall some cryptic message upon starting the game for the first time blah, blah, blah.) Also.. for other "newbies" to CM... I just realized that I had the Caps Lock key "on" during my last game.. I was getting pretty frustrated when the hotkey's were working backwords.. hehe... I would click on some infantry and type "m" to "move" them, yet their graphic would change to two men, then three men. It wasn't 'till just now- when I started typing this- that I realized about the Caps Lock key. I did score a Total victory (only 5 casualties- 1 Kia) with a score of 98... Yippee, Now I'm ready for Fionn (HAHA)...

Take care...

Steve.

------------------

I used to fly like Peter Pan... ICQ 4563504

The game usually sets the resolution to your desktop res the first time you fire it up.

If the units in the game look like the ones pictured on the site where you got the mods, then they are working.

Chances are, if you copied the BMP's directly into the bmp directory of the game, then they are working. Look in the bmp directory and make sure there are no extra FOLDERS in there... one mod I d/loaded installed a folder in my bmp directory with the new bmps IN THE FOLDER (thus... NOT WORKING)

Hope that helps, and congrats on your victory!

Great thought Babra!

On a side note... I've had the game for awhile and just got my butt handed to me in a game v.s. the AI.

I am reading Company Commander, and in it he mentions an attack on a platoon by some Axis troops and a flamethrowing Halftrack. I set up that battle in a QUICK BATTLE... it was NOT pretty! (The QB did give me an excellent map however! Very impressive.)

My point is, even victories against the AI mean something, despite it being easier than a real human opponent.