Some Crappy German Tank Ammo

Originally posted by Tankgirl:

That's a good point. That's like that moron Senator John McCain being bitter about his treatment by the Vietnamese. They had the gaul to shoot him down when he was bombing them...and he's upset about it.

Anti-American I see...

McCain is "bitter" not at being shot down but at the mistreatment he, and other POWs, was given.

Originally posted by CavScout:

Anti-American I see...

McCain is "bitter" not at being shot down but at the mistreatment he, and other POWs, was given.

Compared what happened to the Vietnamese he was pampered. And he looks fine to me. He was treated better than say, American born Japanese who were interned during WW2.

------------------

"Snowpants are sexy!"

http://www.geocities.com/wildhippychik/whp.htm

Compared what happened to the Vietnamese he was pampered.

Really? How were Vietnamese POWs treated? Where was our "Hanoi Hilton"?

And he looks fine to me.

You do know he can't raise his arms above his shoulders because of the lack of medical treatment, right?

He was treated better than say, American born Japanese who were interned during WW2.

I doubt that. Intern camps were wrong but hardly torture camps.

Compared what happened to the Vietnamese he was pampered. And he looks fine to me. He was treated better than say, American born Japanese who were interned during WW2.

What a blatant lie. Show me ANY evidence that Japanese born Americans in WWII were bayonetted, used as human shields, starved, tortured both mentally and physically. I agree what the US did was reprehensible, but to compare them as being the same thing is absolutely rediculous. Please retract the statement or post some evidence of your allegations.

Sorry but you really upset me and I think what you said is a load of crap.

They had the gaul to shoot him down when he was bombing them...and he's upset about it.

I also have to agree with CavScout... he never said he was upset they had the gaul to shoot him down. It was because of the inhumane treatment that POWs received. Please leave loaded unsubstantiated political biases back on your website.

Guest machineman

Well it hurts me to say this (he's such an unreasonable German equipment hating son-of-a-gun), but I agree 100% with CavScout on this one. Remember McCain did not personally cause American involvement in Vietnam, he was just there doing the job he was sent to do, as are 99% of soldiers. He wasn't doing a My Lai or anything, and deserved decent treatment, as did the North Vietnamese when they were captured.

And I've been to Vietnam, and the Vietnamese I talked anyway didn't hold a grudge. It seems the Vietnamese spent the last 1000 years fighting off one invader or another, from the Chinese to the French, and the US was just the latest on the list, nothing really new. They just couldn't figure out why the hell they were so interested in the place.

Originally posted by machineman:

Well it hurts me to say this (he's such an unreasonable German equipment hating son-of-a-gun), but I agree 100% with CavScout on this one.

I like German equipment. They have the best "looking" stuff on most occasions. What I hate is people who can't seperate the myth and folktales from reality.

I doubt that. Intern camps were wrong but hardly torture camps.

Yes, they were American born citizens who were interned by their government for being ethnically Japanese. He was shot down in a completely immoral in illegal bombing campaign in a illegitimate war.

In any event, lots of Vietnamese were subject to summery execution, one of which was famously photographed. To ask were was "our", "Hanoi Hilton" is the height of ignorance on U.S. war crimes. Thousands of civilians were killed and executed.

------------------

"Snowpants are sexy!"

http://www.geocities.com/wildhippychik/whp.htm

Yes, they were American born citizens who were interned by their government for being ethnically Japanese.

Again, not the same as torture camps. You avoid it, why?

He was shot down in a completely immoral in illegal bombing campaign in a illegitimate war.

Illegal bombing campaign? Illegitimate?

In any event, lots of Vietnamese were subject to summery execution, one of which was famously photographed.

Was that an American behind the trigger? No.

To ask were was "our", "Hanoi Hilton" is the height of ignorance on U.S. war crimes.

Please enlighten me. You have made the accusation, where was it?

Thousands of civilians were killed and executed.

Certainly. Do you forget the North's hand in these killings as well? Or do you embrace their ideology so accept what they did?

Guest Madmatt

Nope, we are NOT going to go down the road of pointing fingers at each other about justifying a soldiers actions in combat.

Take it to usenet or somewhere else but it's not permitted here.

Madmatt