Achtung Hamster!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

I hope everyone got the sarcasm in my post on the guestbook. I am pretty darned sure that that King Tiger wasn't Brown Dye #23, probably a lot closer to #24 :) . Alhough I don't use your Hampster mod, (because my opponents make me laugh enough when playing CM) I will definitely use your Tiger mod. :)

:o<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe, I wasn't too sure what to think at first. I laughed, then I said, "Wait a minute . . ." until Berli said, "I love Maj. Tom's post," on ICQ.

=)

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak the Loathsome:

Now this I found really funny! I believe what she was saying is with a name like "I/O error" you must be a geek. Hence you stand no chance with her.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, what she meant was "I/O Error = An error with the old in/out" (as we say in Clockwork Orange land. If that is indeed where his error lies, than his chances are, as Kitty observes, "slim and none". Every good feline knows that it ain't the float in the boat, it's the motion of the ocean, or somefink.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I/O Error:

*sniff*

I still wish kitty would read what I said... :(

*sniff*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read it. I was just enjoying watching you squirm for a while. >=)

Anyway, you're right. You didn't really say anything wrong but what you did say was followed by the enormous s***-eating grin smile. I thusly interpreted it as, "Yeah, I didn't say anything wrong but I really am saying something wrong." See? And the post wasn't really directed specifically to you but rather both of you; you're nickname just made a more easily hit sexual target . . . fire w/fire. Normally I probably wouldn't have said anything but considering the events that were occuring last night, the posts by lamer child and the flood of, "DO YOU WANT MY CO** IN YOUR MOUTH????" messages he was sending to me on ICQ every 2 minutes, I suppose I was a bit grouchy. Sorry.

Kitty =^..^=

------------------

ICQ 8273286

Kitty: Remind me not to ever piss you off! smile.gif

/me gives kitty a cookie in thanks biggrin.gif

Lorak: ....

never mind, not much I could say in reply except an obscene comment dealing with inches, repetitions, and such.

But not that I would ever say such a thing!! eek.gif

/me ducks incoming verbal flak

In WWII there were lots these kind of things to inhumanize enemies. Allies were calling Germans as Jerries as in the Tom and Jerry cartoon. And in war time there was Hitler's propaganda movies, where Judish people was showed as rats.

Your site just reminds me those crueful propaganda movies human can create. Don't take this as offence, that was fact there were this kind of propaganda in WWII, if you don't allready know that.

There were this good side also, maybe it was easier to kill people, when you were thinking them as a rats.

"ah sarge, I can't! They're so cute!"

biggrin.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

Valhalla awaits you, honorable warrior...

"If you should find yourself riding in a green meadow, surrounded by sun and warmth, do not be afraid... for you are in Alyssium, AND YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!"

Shatter,

I've seen other threads that have gone into the gutter when someone makes a sexual remark about Kitty. As far as I can tell, she is the only female on this forum, at least openly admits it, and deserves the same respect that every other guy on this forum gets. It seems that people get a lot looser with their tongues on the internet than they would in person. I saw the pictures she had on her site and I found her to be an attactive woman, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to say what a HOT BABE she is if I met her in person. Therefore, I wouldn't do that on the internet. I know you meant what you said to humorous and flattering, she may find it to be the same, but what about any other women out there that have to portray themselve as men to have normal conversations on this board? I would just prefer not to constantly see remarks about a woman's looks everytime they post a message.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Is there a problem with that. Can and man not complement a lady on her looks, without someone accusing you of sexual remarks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Absolutely Shatter, you have been completely misunderstood. When Andreas, Chuppy and Peter posted pictures of themselves at the IWM I took the earliest opportunity to complement Chuppy on how hot he looked in that T-shirt. Of course the next time an appropriate thread about the front bogey wheel on the Matilda II came up I skillfully insinuated a subtle remark about what a spunk PeterNZ was and a redhead too!

But alas, shatter, everyone thought I was a dickhead as well.

------------------

Muddying the waters as usual.

[This message has been edited by Simon Fox (edited 01-05-2001).]

How come every thread started by Kitty that involves the least bit of controversy always ends up challenging the Cesspool threads in length? Is she more special than the next guy? Honestly, I think not. She plays CM. She makes Hamster Mods. She is entitled to her opinions and she is entitled to be harassed for them, just like everyone else. Please get it into your system that she is a wargamer and a CM fan just like everyone else, or we might as well rename this site "Kittyfront.com".

Just my 2 cents.

Jonathan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quenaelin:

In WWII there were lots these kind of things to inhumanize enemies. Allies were calling Germans as Jerries as in the Tom and Jerry cartoon. And in war time there was Hitler's propaganda movies, where Judish people was showed as rats.

Your site just reminds me those crueful propaganda movies human can create. Don't take this as offence, that was fact there were this kind of propaganda in WWII, if you don't allready know that.

There were this good side also, maybe it was easier to kill people, when you were thinking them as a rats.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'm aware that this sort of propaganda existed. I'm also aware that the term Jerry did not have anything to do with the cartoon "Tom and Jerry." How can I be sure? Well, according to the Cartoon Network's history of that cartoon, "The duo began in a one-shot MGM short called "Puss Gets the Boot," released to theaters in February 1940." Considering that Brits had been referring to Germans as Jerries for a considerable amount of time before that, it renders your theory impossible.

I'm not sure how I can help but be offended by your post, despite your request to the contrary, considering the references to "cruel Nazi propaganda," etc. . . .

Looking towards the heavens and throwing my hands up in exasperation,

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

Indeed.

Quenaelin, I have to offer my own opinion that Kitty's hamster mod makes no inference or connection whatsoever to "wartime propaganda" in my mind. How many of those noted cartoons made use of gerbils & hamsters in specific? Consider also the fact that Kitty has applied her mod to all CM nationalities.

Use the term "hamster" as a search criteria, go perform the search on this forum, and you'll see readily enough what was the source for Kitty's inspiration.

When I see Kitty's mod of a US artillery spotter, I don't see "propaganda" or an insult to WW2 veterans as the "Andy" character alluded to. I see a hamster using its two little paws to hold up a pair of field binoculars, and for whatever the reason, I split a seam laughing at that. smile.gif

And Freyland, if you think this topic is getting too much attention, then you needn't add to it.

BTW, Kitty, this morning I finally set up the hamster screenshot for the CGO article (finshed the article too). When it gets public, I think you'll enjoy the irony in it.

Ed

[This message has been edited by Spook (edited 01-05-2001).]

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter:

Are all you guys being so nice to Kitty, because she is one HOT BABE??? TELL THE TRUTH. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bet!

[pant, pant]

Michael

biggrin.gif

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

I'm still here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And here I hope you remain. :)

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vomitmeister:

Shatter,

I've seen other threads that have gone into the gutter when someone makes a sexual remark about Kitty. As far as I can tell, she is the only female on this forum, at least openly admits it, and deserves the same respect that every other guy on this forum gets. It seems that people get a lot looser with their tongues on the internet than they would in person. I saw the pictures she had on her site and I found her to be an attactive woman, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to say what a HOT BABE she is if I met her in person. Therefore, I wouldn't do that on the internet. I know you meant what you said to humorous and flattering, she may find it to be the same, but what about any other women out there that have to portray themselve as men to have normal conversations on this board? I would just prefer not to constantly see remarks about a woman's looks everytime they post a message.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.

Ok last time I am posting in this thread. Since some people have taken offense to my comment earlier, I will not post any more replies referring to Kitty. I just cannot believe people are this uptight about such a meaningless comment. Yes I am a guy who flirts with every nice looking woman that comes my way. I just happen to see Kitty picture, and thought I would complement who for it.

EXCUSE ME, I WILL FROM NOW ON KEEP IT STRICTLY CM.

THEN AGAIN FORGET IT. I AM NOT CHANGING THE WAY I AM FOR ANYBODY. IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT YOU CAN KISS MY REAR.

THE ONLY WAY I WILL CHANGE IS IF ONE OF THE BTS GUYS TELLS ME TO COOL IT.

YOU GOT IT!!!

Guest Michael emrys

I thusly interpreted it as, "Yeah, I didn't say anything wrong but I really am saying something wrong." See?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is starting to get complicated.

Now where did I put that Valium?...

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

Is she more special than the next guy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, as a matter of fact, YES! I happen to think Kitty is very special and I for one am extremely happy to have her on the Board. I like to tease her every now and again because she can give as good as she gets.

In addition to being a great looking babe and creative as hell, she's a real fighter with guts and strength of character. That's a rare enough combination to make anyone special in my book.

Michael

Why is it that whenever a female -- any female, not just Kitty -- posts something topical and interesting, this forum invariably degenerates into some discussion of gender roles, flirtations, implicit sexual advances, or other off-topic crap? I swear you guys are a bunch of testosterone-dripping apes sometimes, and after seeing this phenomenon for the umpteenth time it has gone from irritating to downright pathetic.

Shatter: The reason you remain civil and don't flirt with the female forum members is because it's RESPECTFUL. Think of lighting up a big cigar in the middle of the No Smoking section of a restaurant. It's not just the wrong place to do that, but it's disruptive and rude to everyone around you. There are places to flirt, and there are places to discuss CM and/or WW2 history. Guess which one this forum is?

MadMatt: This topic has strayed far from its original purpose. Why wasn't it locked long ago at the first sign of trouble from the hormonally-imbalanced? Hopefully THIS post is off-topic enough to warrant shutting this thing down.

Quenaelin: You're an idiot, but I applaud you for sticking to the spirit of the original topic.

All of you: Resist the temptation to make every single topic created by Kitty a referendum on Kitty as a person, a CM player, a female, or whatever. That means con AND pro. Must I read about Kitty being "special" and having "sharp claws" in every damn topic within which she participates?

Everyone feel free to reply to this message if you must. I'll probably ignore it. Or if you'd like, e-mail me instead so I can ignore you without wasting forum space.

Cheers,

Gimp

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gimp:

Why is it that whenever a female -- any female, not just Kitty -- posts something topical and interesting, this forum invariably degenerates into some discussion of gender roles, flirtations, implicit sexual advances, or other off-topic crap? I swear you guys are a bunch of testosterone-dripping apes sometimes, and after seeing this phenomenon for the umpteenth time it has gone from irritating to downright pathetic.

Shatter: The reason you remain civil and don't flirt with the female forum members is because it's RESPECTFUL. Think of lighting up a big cigar in the middle of the No Smoking section of a restaurant. It's not just the wrong place to do that, but it's disruptive and rude to everyone around you. There are places to flirt, and there are places to discuss CM and/or WW2 history. Guess which one this forum is?

MadMatt: This topic has strayed far from its original purpose. Why wasn't it locked long ago at the first sign of trouble from the hormonally-imbalanced? Hopefully THIS post is off-topic enough to warrant shutting this thing down.

Quenaelin: You're an idiot, but I applaud you for sticking to the spirit of the original topic.

All of you: Resist the temptation to make every single topic created by Kitty a referendum on Kitty as a person, a CM player, a female, or whatever. That means con AND pro. Must I read about Kitty being "special" and having "sharp claws" in every damn topic within which she participates?

Everyone feel free to reply to this message if you must. I'll probably ignore it. Or if you'd like, e-mail me instead so I can ignore you without wasting forum space.

Cheers,

Gimp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice comments Gimp, this topic is getting kind of tedious. Oh yeah, by any chance are you affiliated with "the gimp" at gopostal.com?

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

Kitty,

A little known fact about the Second World War is the the only country to fight in it from the Americas besides Canada and the US was Brazil. The Brazillians did not send Hamsters, they sent Nutria, which you just have to see to believe. The look like 3/4 meter long hamsters with bad attitudes.

Slapdragon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Kitty,

A little known fact about the Second World War is the the only country to fight in it from the Americas besides Canada and the US was Brazil. The Brazillians did not send Hamsters, they sent Nutria, which you just have to see to believe. The look like 3/4 meter long hamsters with bad attitudes.

Slapdragon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know. A few months back you mentioned such beasts to me. I quickly found a picture of one on amphibious exercises preperatory to "Operation Sea Lion." You can catch a glimpse of it in the background image of my site. He's wearing a large SS officer's cap. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

Yes, I know. A few months back you mentioned such beasts to me. I quickly found a picture of one on amphibious exercises preperatory to "Operation Sea Lion." You can catch a glimpse of it in the background image of my site. He's wearing a large SS officer's cap. =)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ye Gawds! It's the Nutria from Brazil!

There is a rodent in New York which looks exactly like a rodent in Paris which looks exactly like a rodent in Rio de Janiero....

In hardcover now at all quality rodent book stores.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

Guest Big Time Software

Okay, this post has served it's intended purpose it seems and now just reminds me of a Peng Thread rerun.

And you all know what happens to those...

(sound of crashing gate and cell door closing...)