John Tucker's Sherman Black Pack MODs.

John has asked if I would host his mod. So yes you can get it from my site. Follow the link in my sig below. If you download it please make sure you read the instructions that are in the zip.

This mod is in Hi-res/Low-Res/Stars/Red Camo variants.

I have only tried the Black camo Hi-res so far and like what I see. :D

Any questions about this mod please contact John jatucker@loxinfo.co.th

4X%20New.jpg

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: alla_keefek ]

Yes they did. smile.gif 12th Armoured Division in Germany 45 used black stripes. So too the 14th Armoured Division. I dont have a date for the 14th. blackcamosherman.gif

Reference : "The M4 Sherman at War. " by Steven Zaloga. Published by Concord. This is book 1. I havent bought book 2 yet.

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: alla_keefek ]

Thanks Mr. Johnson and ICM1947.

Fernando, Yes, very similar but different. I wanted to make them more ominous, therefore blacker. Not sure if GEM did all 16 Shermans. My pack does include all 16.

And, it's all about choices.

Maximus, Yes, I agree. Velvet is a bit much. My eyes hurt when I play, so I've changed that. About the Red variants. That was written by someone else. I believe what they wanted to imply was that they were fashioned after the Red Camo. And they were. That statement is a bit misleading and will ask Alla to change that. Thanks.

To all: Other than having all 16 Shermans in black camo, the big thing is the batch file. It allows making pifs for both red and black camo (and a 3rd set of camo/non-camo MODs), thus saving lots of hassles of renaiming files to get the files you want to show. If you want GEM's black camo to show up, just use it as normal (camo only in your pif/texture file and having GEM's files named with the _us_camo suffix). Use the "camo black" argument to bring up The Black Pack and use "camo red" to bring up GEM's Red Camo. All this without having to rename files each time. The "camo" (only) now can include other files. Like, if you have 2 sets of hand weapons that you like, name one set with the _us suffix and name the other set with the _us_camo suffix. Of course you'll need to write the code in the batch file for these weapons to switch. You could even have a 3rd and 4th set of weapons named with the "_camor" or "_camob" suffix. Remember that these sets would be matched with the set of Camouflage that you choose. This is assuming that you use the usandff.bat file. If you write your own batch file, the possibilities are limitless as to what set of weapons you can put with what set of camo. Note: weapons is just an example. Uniforms, faces, vehicles, support weapons; any of these and more could use the additional coding for easy switching using pifs/short cuts. I usually won't take the time to go in a rename files if I'm even a little bit satisfied with my current choice. Lazy.

Sorry guys that was me that said Red Camo on the downloads page. I didnt get to load those in to see what they look like. Sorry for the confusion. I have changed the website so it dosnt say any thing about the red camo. :( Blame my monkey, Abu. He's my fall guy. Abu.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAT:

To all: Other than having all 16 Shermans in black camo, the big thing is the batch file. It allows making pifs for both red and black camo (and a 3rd set of camo/non-camo MODs), thus saving lots of hassles of renaiming files to get the files you want to show. If you want GEM's black camo to show up, just use it as normal (camo only in your pif/texture file and having GEM's files named with the _us_camo suffix). Use the "camo black" argument to bring up The Black Pack and use "camo red" to bring up GEM's Red Camo. All this without having to rename files each time. The "camo" (only) now can include other files. Like, if you have 2 sets of hand weapons that you like, name one set with the _us suffix and name the other set with the _us_camo suffix. Of course you'll need to write the code in the batch file for these weapons to switch. You could even have a 3rd and 4th set of weapons named with the "_camor" or "_camob" suffix. Remember that these sets would be matched with the set of Camouflage that you choose. This is assuming that you use the usandff.bat file. If you write your own batch file, the possibilities are limitless as to what set of weapons you can put with what set of camo. Note: weapons is just an example. Uniforms, faces, vehicles, support weapons; any of these and more could use the additional coding for easy switching using pifs/short cuts. I usually won't take the time to go in a rename files if I'm even a little bit satisfied with my current choice. Lazy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A note about this whole thing. I don't know if you are aware, but in the near future Gordon will be releasing a whole new "Swap Tool" that ELINIMATES the batch files. It is called CMMOS (Combat Mission Mod Option Selector). It is an executable (.exe) and is very easy to install and operate. No more batch files, shortcuts, icons, etc.

So in other words, your said batch file code will soon become obsolete. I'm not saying that you still couldn't use it, but you might consider just writing one that only involves just your mod as everything else will be taken care of with this new program.

I did contact Gordon about your mod and asked him if he had looked at it and would consider writing what we are calling Rule Sets to implement your mod, but he's not sure he wants to do that at the moment for whatever reason.

So just think about it and maybe come up with a truncated version of your batch file to include just your mod.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nutball:

Alla_keefek...

I'm Arabic, and I assume you know that

"'alla keefek" means "its your chioce" or "its up to you", in Arabic.

If your Arabic, Min wen inta?

Just makin sure you know<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not Arabic. I got this cyber name as explained in my sig below. Also the logo on my site has the FireFly that had it painted on the back of the turret. Its not pure arabic. My grandfather used to use arabic he learnt while serving in the Mid East during WWII and it wasnt pure either. "Im'sha" was one he used to use.

So i wouldnt be able to understand you in Arabic. ;)

• 2 weeks later...