request for new scenario type in CM2

BTS-

Sometimes the ground held at the end of the day is irrelevant as compared to the damage done to the enemy.

So I would like a 'no flag' type of scenario to be considered for CM2 - something where victory is determined solely by casualties inflicted. Maybe even an option for selecting your own 'threshholds' (i.e. are you trying to inflict 'some' or 'lots' of damage, are you trying to preserve 'most' or 'none' of your force).

Sure it could be abused by the Super Pershing/King Tiger crowd, but I don't care about them that much. smile.gif

Anyway, I'm not qualified to speculate on the 'whys' or 'wherefores', but I hope it's possible.

Thanks for reading,

-Dale

Guest ckoharik

OK, I personally like the idea of a damage related goal for the attacker, but what criteria would you judge the defender on? Holding on to their position? Casualties inflicted on the attacker? How good they look? ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Boxb:

OK, I personally like the idea of a damage related goal for the attacker, but what criteria would you judge the defender on? Holding on to their position? Casualties inflicted on the attacker? How good they look? ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think either of the first two are valid options.

Actually, you can have scenarios without flags. Unfortunately, they are 2 player-only scenarios. This is because the AI is lost without flags to guide it. What I propose is giving scenario designers the ability to make 'AI flags' which are invisible to players and have no VP value, but would be treated by the Strat-AI as normal flags.

WWB