Anyone else going crazy waitng for shipment?

Is there any more information on when they are fully updated and ready to ship the game?

I have been playing the demo for about a week now, almost non-stop. I do eat inbetween turns and sleep during incoming artillery barrages.

Anyone else waiting for their copy while countingthe days? Just curious.

Hi, let me share my little xp with u.

Mine took two months, at least! Since BTS uses USPS, it can drive you go postal (pun intended).

I made the first order (which comes with 1.0), wait 2 months or so and it did not show up. Then I made the 2nd order (with 1.03 on disk) and it arrived in 2 weeks. I think BTS had made some errors about the first order and Steve was very kind and send what I ordered in the 1st one absolutely free. Guess what? Both 1st order and replacement order arrived at the same time!!! I then sent back the replacment order back to BTS.

Patience is a virtue.

Griffin.

P.S. I think I am gonna order version 1.1 CD+manaul.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 02-08-2001).]

Sheesh, newbies! All ways want it now!. In my day, we waited barefoot, going uphill in the snow!

Folks have waited alot longer. While my memory is faulty I remeber playing the demo (the orig beta demo) in Feb 2000 and I think the Gold Demo came out in July. Then it was a wait of I think 3 weeks once the game was actually released, so my "wait" was about 7 months. A week or two? You can do it. Many others waited longer than I. smile.gif It's worth it!

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

Hey jd,

Ya, since people read about Fionn's Alpha AAR back in late 1999, ie since last Century, many were dying to get their hands on this goodie. One week or two, guys, you can make it thru. In the mean time, I suggest get down and play some more Gold Demo. Or if you have not yet read this historical-significant AAR, go right now to Combat Missions HQ and read it thru.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Ahhh, the good ole days.

I remember waking up every day, firing up the ole 56k, and logging in to see if the latest AAR had been put up by either Moon or Fionn. Memories....

Counting lurking time, I waited since mid 99, so if I could hold out on bread, water, and non-stop beta demo playing, then you new guys and hold off a small while so BTS can restock.

Mikey

I am on the hurry up and wait list too. I ordered my game four days after it went out of stock. I believe the estimated shipdate it Feb 26th IIRC. The demo scenarios are getting a bit stale but three of my buddies and I are making the best of it. Hey BTS can I submit my order for CM2 now so I will be assured of receiving it ASAP???

Originally posted by Chaffee:

Is there any more information on when they are fully updated and ready to ship the game?

I have been playing the demo for about a week now, almost non-stop. I do eat inbetween turns and sleep during incoming artillery barrages.

Anyone else waiting for their copy while countingthe days? Just curious.

I consider myself VERY lucky. I ordered on JAn 8th and was playing on Jan 16th.

Timing is everything!

I just think I have found the one game that will be on every machine I ever purchase until the end of my days is all. I own 90% of every wargame, simulation, action game from the retailers but now they sit in a plastic box collecting dust with only a few hours played into them before boredom sets in.

I love to watch the GIs storm into a house with two squads of German riflemen and my MG42 meeting their advance and then listen to their screaming...........ahhhhhgotta love it.