I only heard of this game a couple days ago, and I'm certainly not new to gaming. Maybe it was a gem waiting to be discovered. ;)

I'm quite taken back with how many followers of this game there are. Especially considering on the surface the game looks rather average at best. I guess it's when you dig deeper that you see who engrossing the game is.

What is the major update for Combat Mission 2? Improved graphics?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff:

Especially considering on the surface the game looks rather average at best?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just you wait until you've ordered it and become a mod-slut, just like many of us! It looks goooorgeous!! smile.gif

And welcome to the board!

Best game ever, that's for sure. I have no interest in anything else since I bought it including work. Well, ok I really didn't have much of an interest in work to begin with and this game didn't help at all. We won't even start on my married life. Buy it, you'll like it. Welcome, by the way. smile.gif

Geoff;

You probably were like me, taken in by all the media hype of up comming games and the producers making them sound like the best thing sincesliced bread.

I was so fed up with sucky PC war games I sat down one saturday and searched the web for about 4 hours before I stumbled on to this little GEM!!!!

CM didnt get that hype. It was built by input soley from the people on this forum.

It seems like a simple game.........til you play it a couple times, then you play another human, then you relize just how massive and complex it really is.

Welcome aboard. Don't let the "surface" fool you. This game almost beyond description if you are into tactical WWII combat.

The graphics improve with the mods available, but it is the depth of gameplay and endless replay value that grab you. Also, the board is terrific. Great people who have something insightful or funny to say, lots to learn from and laugh at.

I have purchased copies as gifts. It is a great game, almost an experience, that should be shared. Have fun.

Do I need to add to this? Hell yes, I do.

I started wargaming with the original Avalon Hill boardgames, progressed to Squad Leader, etc. About a year ago (?), my good friend (and fellow gaming and WWII freak) calls me and says, "You know the game we always fantasized about while we were slaving over chits and rulebooks? The one we wanted after playing __________(fill in various WWII PC games of recent years)Well, it's here".

I think that about somes it up. Enjoy!