"British and American Tanks of World War Two" Chamberlain & Ellis

Guest Babra

It's pretty good. I don't refer to it much, but it does cover a lot of basic territory. Has some errors, but not so many as to make it useless.

It's a good book until you start to compare it with their book on German armor. The charts for each vehicle in the German book are much more intuitive and provide more information, such as production numbers. The book on Allied armor gives some production numbers, but usually not for each variant. The Allied book does give a little more development history though. I just bought this book on German armor. Hopefully its a good one.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

It's a good book until you start to compare it with their book on German armor. The charts for each vehicle in the German book are much more intuitive and provide more information, such as production numbers. The book on Allied armor gives some production numbers, but usually not for each variant. The Allied book does give a little more development history though. I just bought this book on German armor. Hopefully its a good one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well 'Panzer. A Revolution in Warfare, 1939-1945', is not realy a tech book like Chamberlyn & Doyles etc, so if your looking for that type of book, its not ARIW.

Its more an over view work on the war, with chapters on formation of the Panzer force, campaigns with B&W maps with legends on events, coverage of D-day etc.

Regards, John Waters

For a WW2 newbie like myself the Chamberlain books are great. They're absolutely stuffed with photos. I'm learning all kinds of nifty stuff about the combat vehicles of the era. Plus, the pages smell like my high school yearbook.