OT: Junkyard Wars

I wondered for a while why a nice new roll of Mylar would be doing in a car trunk, why propellers would be strewn about, etc. just on the right episodes. But you think about it, the show is not so much finding stuff around a junkyard, but building something with what you find. It would be impossible to actually find all the stuff they need in a gigantic junkyard. I figure, to spice it up, they find out the general plans of each team and then grab actual junk from real junk yards or supplies and dump them through out the yard.

The show is fantastic to say the least. My favorite so far were the drag racing, cannons and flying machines.

stimpy

Scrapheap Challenge goes off.. I love that bloody show.

If there was a channel that played that and the Sopranos back to back 24/7 I'd probably give up working smile.gif

Here (in the UK) we've just had the end of the 3rd (?) series, complete with all sorts of playoffs including a "World Challenge" where they played the US champs.

Favourite episodes.. :

The cannon.. Mmmm.

The wall demolition.

The mini rescue

etc etc (so many !)

The drag racing episode was very good too... in fact they all rocked smile.gif

As for the presenters I like both of them, the woman is good and seems interested and informed and is much more than "Window dressing" compare that to the woman from Robot Wars.

Cheers,

Alex.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

OK, but has anyone noticed that there seems to be a little bit of "wee bit of coincidence" when the teams need a certain material for something they need which a perfect material for what they need to make.

For instance, in one episode where they need to create something to fly, one team was going to use helium balloons, but the regular plastic balloons wouldn't hold the helium. They looked around and found an old car's trunk full of mylar, the same stuff used in making those disc-shaped alluminum foil looking balloons for birthdays and stuff. Now what are the odds??? rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is known as "seeding", and they admit they do it. I think when seeding gets out of hand it makes the show suck. Too many times they overly seed if u ask me, especially lately.

Here is a link for a team that has been on the show (this is there FAQ): http://www.the-nerds.org/scrapfaq.htm

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki