History Television (Canada) Wittman Documentary

Nice little documentary on Wittman last night. (Also had a lot of superb footage of Tigers in action)

Interesting how he shunned turret rotation in favour of simply turning the whole vehicle. Brought up some interesting points about vehicle breakdown when doing this though, due to the ammount of turf/soil being jammed into the bogies, causing track failures.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tailz:

Interesting how he shunned turret rotation in favour of simply turning the whole vehicle.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone, please, please, don't start another turret rotation thread. The last one was worse than the MG threads. LOL!

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tailz:

Nice little documentary on Wittman last night. (Also had a lot of superb footage of Tigers in action)

Interesting how he shunned turret rotation in favour of simply turning the whole vehicle. Brought up some interesting points about vehicle breakdown when doing this though, due to the ammount of turf/soil being jammed into the bogies, causing track failures.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great show!! Pretty dedicated Nazi if the picture they paint is true. I thought of the turret speed debate too...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StellarRat:

Originally posted by tailz:

[qb]Interesting how he shunned turret rotation in favour of simply turning the whole vehicle.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone, please, please, don't start another turret rotation thread. The last one was worse than the MG threads. LOL!

:D[/QB]

LOL, no I'm not looking to start trouble (I haven't had anything to do with turret or MG threads!!), just found it interesting how the 'top gun' did it... and the disadvantages (mechanically) to doing so. (really good footage of the mounds of sod being churned up in the stationary turn method, and jamming the roadwheels)

;)