Confirmed v's Actual Kills, your thoughts please...

I've just finished this weekends last TCP-fest and a Comet of mine had a confirmed Kills total of 39 Infantry casualties at the end of the scenario.

I gloated horribly as it had single handedly cleared the main objective at the end of the game, and I claimed that you could at least double the kill total. My opponent disagreed, probably out of the embarrasement of having a Company destroyed by a single tank. Damn, I'm gloating again tongue.gif

Anyway, please tell me what you think is an appropriate ratio to use in confirmed v's actual kills. From my experience most of the time you are firing HE at an Infantry? target, which won't add anything to your tally. Do you think it's reasonable to double the kills figure given at the end of the game?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Do you think it's reasonable to double the kills figure given at the end of the game?<hr></blockquote>

That depends on the unit, what it was firing, who it was firing at and what the LOS conditions were like.

After playing fear in the fog against the AI, there were heaps of German and Ami eliminated unit markers in a patch of forest. But NONE of them had any confirmed kills at all. They must have killed each other, but no one got out to tell the tale. So in that case, doubling the tally won't come close to reality. The same goes for FOs.

In your case, with the Comet, try taking a look in the AAR and see how many casualties are 'missing'. Then make some kind of guess how many could have been caused by your other units. Then perhaps you'll be in a good position to estimate how many unseen kills your Comet caused. I'm sure it's possible that the true number of infantry casualties is double what you said.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]</p>

I really wish that at the end of a battle in the AAR accurate casualty figures / stats would be given for all units, including aircraft and arty.

It is very difficult to get a feel for the effectivenes of your tactics when you are not told how effective they are!

I know IRL that you cant get those figures, but at the end of the day, its not real life smile.gif

I completely agree with not knowing those figures during a battle or between battles in an operation however.

Cheers

S.U.G.

Hi!

You said that it destroyed a whole company. How many of the infantry squads where identified before the carnage started? What Im trying to say is that if a lot of them already where identified you probably didnt kill so many more than what was showed. But if your Comet destroyed a new fresh unidentified company all by itself you probably had a lot more kills than was shown. But then again the company might have been targeted (unknown to you) by artillery so I guess its very hard to say.

/Kristian

Now we can check how many casualties a gun, tank etc. has caused. Sometimes it would be also nice to have the reverse: after the game is over one could select a destroyed vehicle, tank etc. and click "Who killed this?" button. Then the killer unit would be highlighted.