Vehicles off bridges?

One of the features that I find very cool in CM is how if you kill a moving vehicle it continues to roll and often veers off to some random direction.

My question is: Could a dead but still rolling vehicle fall off a bridge? Has anyone seen this happen?

Gyrene

So I guess you can push a vehicle off a bridge?

No spoilers here, but I was playing "All or Nothing" last night and it would have been really nice to cross the long bridge two-by-two except somebody blasted one of my tanks.

No matter what I tried I couldn't get it pushed out of the way.

Is there maybe a thread about the fine art of shoving dead vehicles out of the way?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:

No matter what I tried I couldn't get it pushed out of the way.

Is there maybe a thread about the fine art of shoving dead vehicles out of the way?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you must use another vehicle that is strong enough to push the knocked out vehicle. A Halftrack can't push a Tank. Light Tanks can't push Heavy Tanks. And so forth.

What vehicles did you try to use to push your knocked out tank?

I've seen a Panther push a halftrack out of the way in its urge to escape from some of my paratroop infantry that was attacking it. It got across a bridge an then hammered my infantry at range. I had no tanks in this scenario and never could figure out how to kill it. Pretty smart AI.

SPOILER

Try playing the Arnhem op as the Brits against the AI - there's a high bridge and lots of vehicles trying to cross it. I've seen four KO'd vehicles scattered alongside the bridge, pushed off by advancing armor...

This also brought home to me just how everlasting a supply of grenades troops really have. An oncoming halftrack had turned and reversed halfway off the bridge, trying to escape the close assault of paratroopers in buildings to one side. It ended up pinned there, trapped by knocked out vehicles to either side, unwilling to go forwards and unable to go backwards. I watched the paratroopers throw grenades at it for five solid turns - but because it was half-off the bridge and the levels weren't the same, every single one of the grenades arched over it and onto the ground below. I got so fed up watching this that I brought up a flamethrower, think that I'd sent it out in a blaze of glory, but the damn FT team couldn't get the level right either. All their bursts were either under or over the bridge, and went flaming off into the undergrowth below :( The halftrack survived the battle...