A Forward Observer Exclusive!

Can someone ban him? Geez...It's like every day or two we get this stuff... Dude, you need to RElax about the board.

Your posts were never asked for. SuperTed's were. In fact, it was created so that people wouldn't have to be annoying like you!

I've seen the usenet group. Almost nothing productive goes on there, and it's not because you can't post about it here....

Guest Martin Cracauer

The fact that you doesn't even say what has changed makes me figure that you don't bother about your readers time (just about their attention span), which in turn leads to the assumption that the site cannot be worth visiting. If it's for people who follow content-free stupid advertising, it's not for me.

Guest Martin Cracauer

OK, I admit it, I couldn't resist and visited the site. It's absolutely unreadable on my older Unix browser (which displays everything else CMBO just fine and it *stable*) so you guys doesn't even have a clue about browser-portable HTML coding.

Okay, here is my four-part answer to this thread that seems to be spiraling out of control:

Gunny Bunny,

I have two very basic requirements for the Members of Forward Observer: 1) a CM-related (directly or indirectly) website and 2) the ability/desire to show common courtesy to the others in the FO community. Now, if I remember correctly, you do have a CM-related site...

Further, if you have a problem with the way I am running Forward Observer, I would gladly welcome feedback via email (tedquincey@yahoo.com), ICQ (91374538), or, if you really feel it is important, by telephone. This forum is not an appropriate place to take up these matters. It is not that I have anything to hide. Rather, it is a waste of time and space for those who visit this forum.

Keith,

Thanks for the assist. I do appreciate it.

However, I have no problem with Gunny Bunny expressing his views or the existence of his site. They both serve a purpose inasmuch as some members of the larger CM community may find them relevant or inCITEful.

Martin,

Are your comments directed at Gunny Bunny, medlinke, or me? If they are directed at me, I apologize, but I don't understand what the problem is. You are probably not aware that I have no knowledge whatsoever of HTML or web authoring. I have built Forward Observer using Homestead, because it makes the whole process relatively simple. So, if you could provide me with some tips about how I might be able to improve the site, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Also, I am offended by your comment that "...the site cannot be worth visiting." What exactly is the basis for your assumption? I am not being sarcastic here; I am trying to make Forward Observer a site that is accessible to the entire CM community. So, again, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If your comments were not directed at me or Forward Observer, then please disregard everything you just read.

Manx,

Thanks also to you for the assist. BTW, your new icon rocks! cool.gif

------------------

SuperTed

Wild Bill and the Raiders

Boots & Tracks Team Member

Forward Observer

Guest Rommel22

I used the same program to build my site as SuperTed. I don't know jack about html, YET.

I think Ted's site is very usefull. That way you don't have to sort through all the post of people posting updates. Trying to figure when it was posted and so on.

Even Battlefront and MadMatts site is part of FO!!! biggrin.gif Check for your self!

Thanx for the hard work Ted!!!

------------------

Rommel22s Kampfgruppe site:

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Not to jump in the ring or anything... But Ted if you are taking suggestions:

How about putting your main site and intro site together. THat way there would be one less page to navigate through. You could just have your news under your giant picture or something.

By the way, I really like your site and use it often, especially your 'links' section. It is a great and needed site, and my suggestions are only to try and help to make it a BETTER place. Thanks!

Ted,

I can't seem to get access to the links at the bottom of your page (news, links, etc.). They do not appear as "clickable links" in my browser (IE5.0 on a Mac). Is this a known problem? How best to work-around it?

Thanks,

Howitzer

Rommel22,

You da man! cool.gif

Panzer Leader,

The ring can always handle one more. wink.gif

I like your idea of incorporating things to make a more streamlined browsing experience. The reason I am keeping the main page separate is because I plan to add a few more features in the not-too-distant future. When those features are added, I anticipate that some of them will be as popular/useful as the News and Links sections currently are. Yes, that's a tease... wink.gif

Thanks for the feedback. Being a novice, I really appreciate it.

Howitzer (and all other Mac users),

I have heard that using Microsoft Internet Explorer on a Mac does not allow Forward Observer to be viewed in all of its glory. wink.gif Since I am very afraid of doing anything that is HTML-related, the only consistent "solution" I can recommend is using Netscape.

BTW, are you able to access the link on the bottom of the main page that takes you to the Netscape downloads? If not, I am guessing that is not a very useful link.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for posting.

------------------

SuperTed

Wild Bill and the Raiders

Boots & Tracks Team Member

Forward Observer

Guest Martin Cracauer

OK, I apologize for being rude. In fact, as I am kind of the newcomer here, I should have kept my mouth a little more closed.

I will look at the HTML code and suggest portability changes, but will probably not come around to do it until monday or so.

As for the announces, please say just a little about what is new and maybe don't start a new thread each time, a followup to an existing FO announce thread will do as well, as it is pushed on top of the "new topic" list just as a new topic is. I doubt that BTS will tolerate a high percentage of topics only related to site announces.