Help a newbie out here..

I got a quirky little graphics problem. I just installed CMBO. Patched it to 1.05.

Now when I try to play it, I get sections of the graphics that are white...like the whole unit info area. And on the battle screen, there is a white patch up top.

And in the menu's to play the game, I get sections of the previous menus that stick around.

Anybody have this problem before?

I have a Voodoo 5, and I think I told it to play in 1024x768

Hey Pud, I love your roads. Listen do you have the new paved road set that matches up with the dark muddy dirt road? I couldn't find the matching tiles.

As for you Arz, I use an intellimouse optical, and the damn dricvers for it seems to mess other programs up, but I've never had a prob with CM. GO to microsoft and get their latest drivers, if your having problems.

Oh, yeah, yeah, welcome and all that crap.

**** I tried updating the drivers...no luck.

Anyone get graphical corruption. When I alt-tab outta the game and come back..the bottom bar is completely screwed up such that I cant recognize the buttons.

I believe that the "sections of the previous menu sticking around" is an unavoidable problem with the Voodoo drivers.

Sections of the graphics appearing all white is another Voodoo driver problem that is supposedly mitigated by running at a resolution of 1024 x 768 or lower (which you appear to be doing). I can't remember if adjusting your FSAA settings (reducing or increasing ?) helps here or not.

What Voodoo 5 drivers are you using ? The latest (last) version can be downloaded from here (click on Drivers and then select your card and OS):

http://www.x3dfx.com/

Admittedly these drivers won't fix your problem, but they may reduce the occurance of the "white out" problem.

yea I browsed a little in the tech support forum.

I have the latest Voodoo 5 AGP drivers, well since they are out of business I have the last one's.

I changed my Anti-Aliasing to 4X and it solved the whiting out problem on the battlefield.

But when you alt-tab and come back, the entire bottom section is corrupted. Oh well, guess I wont alt-tab

I used to have the voodoo 5 and tried the escape button but was still all screwed up when I returned to the game.I never could get it fixed.Plus I have two friends that have voodoo 5 and they have the same problem.And we tried all the drivers we had, old and new.Like Schrullenhaft said, It's a voodoo thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Hey Pud, I love your roads. Listen do you have the new paved road set that matches up with the dark muddy dirt road? I couldn't find the matching tiles.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean my paved roads matching with muddy road? I thought it was in the paved road zip file. I will have to check tonight when I get home (at work now... shhhhh). It might be a case of wrong file on the server but its around someplace. I will fix up the file on the server and send you the missing file as well.

I have a P3 1Ghz, 256 MB Ram, Voodoo 5.

I spent all night reading these forums instead of playing this wonderful game :(

Apparently its an issue with the V5. Lots of other users have had the same problem and couldnt find a fix for it.

I managed to get the white boxes to disappear by turning on my FSAA to 4X.

But hitting ESC and minimizing the game totally corrupts the graphics. So I guess I won't hit ESC.

But I did play the tutorial last night and I must say, this is one fun game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arzenal:

Apparently its an issue with the V5. Lots of other users have had the same problem and couldnt find a fix for it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda makes me glad I'm an nVidia person, although I have had to tweak the resolution around to get the "right" color sets on screen. I too was getting white drop outs for a while, and ended up chasing drivers and DirectX versions. I have started playing CM, swapped to other apps, and come back to totally screwed up graphics as well.

The short of it? I make sure all the work is done, then it's nothing but CM...