Comet...

I have made another version of the origional Comet. It doesn't look that great but I just wanted to show you guys what I do when I'm not playing CM. Click the Link to see a screenshot of it, I will post it on the site shortly if anyone would like it. http://www.angelfire.com/ns/mocm/project.html

-MoJo

------------------

"For every soldier that died at Dieppe, ten were saved on D-Day"

--Lord Louis Mountbatten

Originally posted by MoJo:

I have made another version of the origional Comet. It doesn't look that great but I just wanted to show you guys what I do when I'm not playing CM. Click the Link to see a screenshot of it, I will post it on the site shortly if anyone would like it. http://www.angelfire.com/ns/mocm/project.html

-MoJo

The tank marking is for "A" Squadron in the senior armoured regiment in an armoured brigade. All armoured brigades in Brit and Canadian service used these tactical markings (or were supposed to, in theory - they were often painted out). Yellow was the second most senior regiment, and blue the junior regiment.

A triangle was A squadron, a square for B, and a circle for C.

It seems recce regiments had white tactical markings.

Your Comet looks very good, by the way.

[This message has been edited by Michael Dorosh (edited 01-29-2001).]

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Firefly:

They appear to be up-gunned Cromwells.

The Comet is a late-war improvement on the Cromwell. It has thicker armour, and carries a 77mm gun (derived from the 17pdr, with slightly less penetration). It was issued solely to the Armoured Regiments of UK 11th AD 'The Black Bull' from March 1945, so it saw service during Veritable (Rhine crossings) and beyond. The crews prefered it to the Shermans, because it was safer for them (lower silhouette, less likely to brew), despite the lower performance of the 77mm vs. the Firefly's 17pdr. It was apparently a bit more likely to bog on bad ground. It seems to have performed well during the campaign in Germany. The division was supposed to receive the Comet around Christmas 1944, but the Ardennes Offensive put paid to that.

I will make some scenarios from the material I have, when I get the time.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

I'll take your advice Maximus, was just hesitant to do it since it might slow down CM(?) Thanks for the details on the Comet Germanboy! I tried looking it up and got bits and pieces of what I wanted and didn't want (frustrating!). Anyway if anyone would like to have the mod I posted it on the site, thanks for the replies guys!

-Mo