Combat Mission Install Problem...

I installed the FULL install of the game... just got it today.

What I don't understand is that it still asks for the CD Rom and says "Unless you ran a Full Install".

I DID run the Full install from the very beginning... and it won't work without the CD.

Any reason for this?

Adam

Ok, if there is a damn CD Check, then why does it say it is a FULL INSTALL?

Full install means NO CD... The other two options for Installation says it will run slower with a CD Drive and the third option says nothing of a CD drive.

I mean, come on, I just paid $45 for this program because of the friggin monopoly Battlefront.com I have to buy it from. Which must mean I liked the demo to shell out so much for this game. NEW games are LESS expensive than this one and have newer features, albeit they are shooters, strat games, etc... but they take up much more Hard Drive space and its the better graphics. I am already dissapointed now.

It isn't like CD Checks stop unlawful people from using the game. An image will work and even if it doesn't, someone will give the image to someone and they can burn it. I PAID for this game... and I want to be able to play it without the CD.

Anyone know of a Krack out there for this?

Adam and his 2 cents worth of buckshot.

I'm not going to answer your question but I think a little advice is called for here.

#1 If you come on this board spitting hell fire and brimstone you're going to get it back, oh, about ten fold.

#2 CD checks regardless of full install or not are an industry standard. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last but not least bugger off you dolt.

If you're the type of person who doesn't have the patience to put the damn cd in the drive then you probably shouldn't be playing wargames in the first place. Secondly, battlefront or big time software is not a hugh company (i think). You're probably used to playing games from ID or Sierra or Blizzard. But when a company is small and doesn't have a lot of resources and they put out a quality product I think they expect and deserve a little loyalty and understanding. CM is the best wargame I've ever played-maybe it doesn't have all the neat little bells and whistles that you expect from a Microsoft game, but it is a game that has REVOLUTIONIZED its genre. I suggest you take the 5 seconds to put the cd in your computer, start the game, stop complaining, and maybe then you will realize what an excellent product these people have put together without a huge budget in what is a VERY competitive industry.

CM is the least expensive game of all time...

Never in the field of human wargaming has one game provided so much game play for so few.

Buying games ain't like collecting Hummel figures or baseball cards.

You have proven your intelligence by buying this superior project; don't blow that image by screaming monopoly, as if monopoly is a bad word.

What BTS has is a monopoly on talent and ethics.

Geez, MicroSoft has co-opted a whole concept..the idea that a monopoly is a draconian misstep.

99.9% of all monopolies are earned, and no one has earned it more than BTS.

BTW, FULL INSTALL means all files installed on HD. I have never heard it meant NO CD until today.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Wilhammer ]

I don't recall ever playing a game that didn't require the CD in the drive to launch the game. They may exist, but I've never played them. By the way, you can remove the CD once the game is launched. That is the benefit of a full install. Also, you can (should) burn a copy as a backup, because you will wear out the original disk since it won't ever leave the drive. And not to go into detail about it, but $45 for CMBO is a bargain in every sense of the word.