Final Version of the BaDco's Endgame Randomizer (BER) is out and its free!!

BradleyH wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I've just posted BER v1.5 build 23 to http://www.badcoinc.com/ber. This build checks the version stamp internal to the application with the version stamp of the game file to ensure features are in sync. Application build 23 supports files generated with BER 1.5.22 and greater.

I recommend that if you are in the middle of a game DO NOT download and install this update... wait until you start a new game.

For the full install (if you have not installed any version of BER): http://www.badcoinc.com/download/BERSetup.exe (~5MB)

For just the updated binary executable only: http://www.badcoinc.com/download/BER15_ExeOnly.zip (~250KB)

Suggestions on improvements and enhancements welcome! -BradleyH

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wanted you all to know.

TeAcH

We've had this out for a while and want to solicit your feedback for enhancements and improvements. Based on previous feedback, I added:

<LI>drag/drop support for .ber files</LI>

<LI>file associations (double-click .ber files to launch the app)</LI>

<LI>toggle on/off the application sound effects</LI>

Is the program working for you? Are there any other features that could be added to make this application better?

Thanks.

bradleyh & TeAcH.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm adding a couple new options to the application to help in game setup... such as "remembering" the .ber file save path and also "remembering" the last set of players' names. Just some creature-features.

Anything else before I rebuild the setup and get it out there to all of you?

Thanks.

Note that the HTTP host where the download files reside does not support download programs (like RealDownload) that request offsets out of a linear sequence. SORRY. I was looking through the download logs and I saw a lot of HTTP416 errors which means "bad range, offsets not supported."

If you are not using a download program to get BER, please disregard.

Thanks,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to let all of you know that I just posted build 1.5.24 to the Web site. This build does not include any functional changes, just some cool little features like:

<LI>Providing an option for the application to recall the last set of players' names</LI>

<LI>Remembering the game file save path</LI>

<LI>Positioning the game window in the last saved X, Y coordinates</LI>

This build is compatible with files created with builds 1.5.24, 1.5.23, and 1.5.22.

- Brad

The B.E.R. is a clever little utility which will randomise the turn on which your CMBO scenario ends.

You can input your own parameters eg. 30 turns + or - 5 turns and you check to see when the randomiser tells you and your opponent to cease fire each turn.

It is specifically designed to stop the usual ridiculous last turn 'flag rush', as you never know exactly when the game will end.

I'll be downloading this and trying it out myself this weekend. Seems like a very good idea.