Opening Video Question

I have had CMBO installed for quite some time and never had a opening video ever play when I start the game..Now all of a sudden this video is playing when the game starts..Where did it come from and how did it start plying all of sudden.I had the song"Burning Bridges" playing as the opening song when the game started but now it wont cause of the darn video..how do i shut the video off?

Did you install any new media player recently? The start-movie needs the quicktime player from Apple, if it isn't there CMBO just skips the movie. If you DID install it CMBO now finds quicktime and plays the movie.

You can find this information in the original readme.txt which can be found in the CMBO directory. Here is part of it:

COMBAT MISSION: BEYOND OVERLORD v1.02

Copyright 2000 Big Time Software, Inc.

All Rights Reserved Worldwide

June 22, 2000

OPTIONAL: If you would like to see the "intro movie" to Combat Mission, which plays

when the game starts up, you will need to install Apple Quicktime - available from

<http://www.apple.com/quicktime> for free download. This is NOT required, however.

If you have Quicktime but do not wish to view the movie, just click the mouse

or press a key and CM will skip the movie. You can also hold down the SHIFT key

while CM is loading, and this will tell CM not to show the movie now or during

future startups. (Pressing SHIFT during a subsequent startup will tell CM

to begin showing the movie again).

Hope this helps.

[ April 08, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: moneymaxx ]

Originally posted by Redrobin:

Your lucky,

If you have got the CDV version :mad: all you get is their intro movie, which has absolutely nothing to do with the game. From memory a laser beam destroying a pyramid, with the logo emerging.

BTW what is the BTS movie about? smile.gif

It shows combat and other in game stuff.If you know of a way to send a 44+ mb file,i would be happy to.I thought it was sooooo sweet when i first got the game,i still occasionally watch it.